• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Here's my Rant about Prime for the day!

My ad was also deleted, thanks.
Geez, I guess I bumped it once after a few weeks and now all the pics and description I did is just gone.
Way to make the site better. :rolleyes:

GHOSTRIDER said:
My ad was also deleted, thanks.
Geez, I guess I bumped it once after a few weeks and now all the pics and description I did is just gone.
Way to make the site better. :rolleyes:

Fine, General Classifieds is gone.

P.S. You bumped your ad after 10 days, not "a few weeks".

NSX Prime said:

LUD "Bringing the Pain" :biggrin:
BTPFIST.jpg

I'm surprised Lud's primeteria(general for sale forum) lasted this long :tongue:

steveny said:
That is really unfortunate because buying from people I know is a lot safer than ebay. :frown:

I will miss that section. Most electronics were a better deal here than ebay. I knew something bad was gonna happen when jeans and shirts started showing up. :smile:

NSX Prime said:

I'm glad you have the time to count.

Yes that is unfortunate, especially after FREE help was offered to assist with the forum. This was not my intention at all, and i hope this is not the way all legitimate problems will be addressed around here.

deedubb said:
Yes that is unfortunate, especially after FREE help was offered to assist with the forum. This was not my intention at all, and i hope this is not the way all legitimate problems will be addressed around here.

Not your intention, but what you started had a cause and effect none the less.

I wouldn't call the complaining on your part ("Rant, crap, ass and assed out") to be a legitimate problem

NSX Prime said it very clearly here

NSX Prime said:
Since there was interest in it, I was hoping I could offer it as a service for people and that it wouldn't need a lot of attention / moderation. It doesn't appear to be working out that way.

Tread lightly my friend :smile:

GHOSTRIDER said:
I'm glad you have the time to count.

lud or the mods surely have better things to do than document how users misuse what prime has put in place. but instead of spending their time doing things that benefit **all** users (like upgrading the site), they've felt the need to spend time documenting some drive-by nitwit's complaint that he's unhappy with the free site's rules.

queenlives said:
lud or the mods surely have better things to do than document how users misuse what prime has put in place. but instead of spending their time doing things that benefit **all** users (like upgrading the site), they've felt the need to spend time documenting some drive-by nitwit's complaint that he's unhappy with the free site's rules.

Word POPS..... Ooops MR. POPS.:biggrin:

ANYTIME said:
Not your intention, but what you started had a cause and effect none the less.

As does everything

I wouldn't call the complaining on your part ("Rant, crap, ass and assed out") to be a legitimate problem

You're right...The complaining on my part was "Caused" by the legitimate problem i had.

I guess there is no point anymore, the forum is closed and wont be re-opening anytime soon i assume.

deedubb said:

I guess there is no point anymore, the forum is closed and wont be re-opening anytime soon i assume.

True, there is no point. It is very disappointing a valid concern was brought up by deedub and I also mentioned I thought it was harsh. We are treated as rebels because we voiced OUR opinion. Why not just discuss it like a man, professionally, instead of just throwing a hissy fit. It is just a discussion forum folks, not World War III.
As for queenboy, I have been a user of this forum for over 4 years as well, just was a different login (forgot my password after a 10month leave) I am far from a drive-by nitwit.

GHOSTRIDER said:
True, there is no point. It is very disappointing a valid concern was brought up by deedub and I also mentioned I thought it was harsh. We are treated as rebels because we voiced OUR opinion. Why not just discuss it like a man, professionally, instead of just throwing a hissy fit. It is just a discussion forum folks, not World War III.
As for queenboy, I have been a user of this forum for over 4 years as well, just was a different login (forgot my password after a 10month leave) I am far from a drive-by nitwit.

Ghostrider: I asked you last night via PM to find another website. Please do so. You are no longer welcome here.

For everyone else:

1. Do not blame a specific person for the General Classified forum being closed. There were a lot of problems with it. I may try it again at some point in the future. We will see.

2. The name calling will stop. It has no place here.

3. Move on.

I've got a great idea,for all you users here who can't understand who's sandbox you're playing in....the web is a big place,make your own!!!!!! :mad:

NSX Prime said:
..... You can use the "Report Bad Post" button (looks like:
report.gif
) on every post to report them in the future if your like - that will get faster results.

Lud - not to take this statement out of context - however, perhaps you could clarify the usage:
It currently says below the message field

"this is only to be used to report Spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harrassment, fighting or rude) posts."

Are you suggesting that you would rather see this medium utilized as opposed to a PM to alert you or Alex to other areas of concern that don't necessarily fall under those definitions?

Lud, there is a mod you can install that will PM a user when you move a thread. What I did was create a hidden forum called Recycle Bin, and I moved "deleted" threads there. That way, the user gets a PM saying their thread essentially got deleted and requires no extra effort on your part. :)

Ncturnal said:
......and requires no extra effort on your part. :)
Until Lud (or Alex) gets a PM asking "why did you delete my thread?"! :rolleyes:
I think it's a great idea if a notification is automatically generated for threads that get moved because they were in the wrong forum.

I'd still appreciate your clarification on my question in post 44 Lud.

D'Ecosse said:
Until Lud (or Alex) gets a PM asking "why did you delete my thread?"! :rolleyes:

There's a fix for that too. :D

D'Ecosse said:
I think it's a great idea if a notification is automatically generated for threads that get moved because they were in the wrong forum.

That's what we got it for because I don't like the "Moved" redirect links cluttering the forum. Having the Recycle Bin forum helped it to serve a dual purpose.

I'd still appreciate your clarification on my question in post 44 Lud.

For your question in post # 44, that is the "stock" verbage that comes with vBulletin, which is the same on every vBulletin forum.

Also, there is also a mod for the Report Bad Post function to create a thread in the admin forum. That way, any mod could see that the post had been reported and not be reliant on one person to check their PMs, thus not putting the burden all on Lud or Alex alone. :)

Last edited:
Back