• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda works on successor to NSX

Good lord haven all the car designers gotten tired of styling cars after PLANES! Stelth look might be nice for F22 Raptors trying to evade radar at MACH3 butttt. Think back a bit---1955 Ford comes out with the Thunderbird which had headlights designed after the F86 Sabre Jet--with tail lights that look like the exhaust and side panels looking like a rocket. Tail fins---came next, scoops, dash panels, bucket seats---even the NSX copying an F16 cockpit concept. IF this is the NEW NSX---good luck. Jaguar & Ferrari (and of course the NSX) can come out with long, low, sliky styling that looks like a Victoria's Secret model saying "Come hither big boy!" and now we get---STELTH??
Jumping on the Civic Si----in 05-06 when they first came out--they were much nicer looking then most of the competition but again--they had the weak link of wrong sized rear upper control arms that caused the rear tires to cup within 5k miles and refused to accept that they had a problem for almost 2 years!!! Finally enough complaints and they re-engineered the part and made it available via "Tech bulletin" or what I call the "who me--i didn't do anything wrong but will help you out with goodwill out of the kindness of my heart if you just beg enough"!
Honda can and does build some super products, I just wish they backed them up with super support.
Come on Honda design---get past the stelth crap and make the next generation a comfortable, fantastic looking, excellent performing exotic sports car that few can afford and those that can will be proud of! If Chevrolet can do it--why can't you?
Huck

Good lord haven all the car designers gotten tired of styling cars after PLANES! Stelth look might be nice for F22 Raptors trying to evade radar at MACH3 butttt. Think back a bit---1955 Ford comes out with the Thunderbird which had headlights designed after the F86 Sabre Jet--with tail lights that look like the exhaust and side panels looking like a rocket. Tail fins---came next, scoops, dash panels, bucket seats---even the NSX copying an F16 cockpit concept. IF this is the NEW NSX---good luck. Jaguar & Ferrari (and of course the NSX) can come out with long, low, sliky styling that looks like a Victoria's Secret model saying "Come hither big boy!" and now we get---STELTH??
Jumping on the Civic Si----in 05-06 when they first came out--they were much nicer looking then most of the competition but again--they had the weak link of wrong sized rear upper control arms that caused the rear tires to cup within 5k miles and refused to accept that they had a problem for almost 2 years!!! Finally enough complaints and they re-engineered the part and made it available via "Tech bulletin" or what I call the "who me--i didn't do anything wrong but will help you out with goodwill out of the kindness of my heart if you just beg enough"!
Honda can and does build some super products, I just wish they backed them up with super support.
Come on Honda design---get past the stelth crap and make the next generation a comfortable, fantastic looking, excellent performing exotic sports car that few can afford and those that can will be proud of! If Chevrolet can do it--why can't you?
Huck

Let me get this straight - you want the car to be aerodynamic - but not take aerodynamic ideas off of aircraft - which have tested over and over until they found the very best in aerodynamic design and fabrication. Hell, lets forget about using turbo or superchargers because they came out of fighter planes in world war II, and lets not have spoilers, or vortex generators because well, after all they were made for aircraft. Forget about carbon fiber because once again... airplanes.

No, lets start a new type of aerodynamics - heck, lets reinvent the wheel while we are at it.

That being said - I don't see multi-faceted panels like a F117 on this concept car - Nor do I see it made out of Radar Absorbing Material (although if it was - I would appreciate it) last I checked one of the best ways to get a ticket is by radar!!!!! What I see is a super slick, low coefficient of drag (cd) beautiful car with curved body lines and a slick front end.

Am I the only one who disagrees with this guy? It looks fantastic. And if it borrows a few lines from an F22 (the worlds best interceptor aircraft) which can do Mach 3... I for one say BRING IT ON!!!!!!!

If you want something less..... aero, I say buy a Model T

Hmm.. Maybe Huck is ranting about the Lotus concept cars and the Lamborghini creations of late, the Reventon, the Aventador, facelifted LP560, etc, etc. :confused: Surely not Honda or Acura since their recent cars look more like boats than aircrafts :p

Maybe that explains Acura's design direction. "We design muther f*#kin boats!"

Now this got me laughing - funny! Juice this is funny! We need a little ligthness here - uh oh - that's carbon fiber - not allowed. Just being funny myself.

I think ole Huck is just stretching a point a bit on the airplane thing. We all know that the NSX was designed around a Fighter Jet - don't we??? I think we do - I do....

Ok so let's just pretend we need airplanes to show us the way! We do and CaptJman is funny too although he's not trying to be. But he is right and I for one enjoyed the humor in his post!

Aerodynamics is all about moving air and down force not to be confused with lift - we don't need no stinking lift in a sports car now do we. Anyone here remember the Mercedes flying up into the air like an airplane - that's when they left the sporty car racing. I saw that - you can still probably see it on you tube.

Last edited:
And if it borrows a few lines from an F22 (the worlds best interceptor aircraft) which can do Mach 3... I for one say BRING IT ON!!!!!!!

While it has the thrust to reach Mach 3 in theory, the F-22 is limited to about Mach 2 due to the fixed-inlet design of its engine intakes. In order to slow inlet air to subsonic speeds, aircraft like the F-15 and Concorde use sophisticated actuated ramps inside the intake. Aircraft like the F-16, F-18 and F-22 all use fixed inlets, which are stuck with one shape and cannot adjust to compensate for higher Mach numbers.

Back on topic though. :D Honda needs to stop wasting time and money on Robots and personal jets and make a new NSX dammit! :)

Back