• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How Honda Lost the Plot, and Why Buying One is a Mistake

Sad, but true....they lost their sack, as he puts it:tongue:

Much of what he says is not relevant to the US market. They are #5 here with ~1.4M in sales last year, no chance of not getting trained technicians. I doubt going from 60k units to 30k units in a tiny market is on Honda's radar in terms of priorities. Since when is following a niche player's lead (Mazda) the way to make more sales? Toyota makes the most boring cars you can buy but they still sell like hot cakes. Fun rant, but devoid of a lot of meat.

I vote with my wallet and currently have 3 Honda/Acura's. I will be purchasing a new gen MDX to replace my older gen within the next year as I think it is the best SUV in the segment. My neighbor bought a Civic SI and it is very nice on the inside and looks good on the outside. I do agree that Mazda and Nissan have caught up which is not something you could have said 15-20 years ago.

Some of what this loud mouth says holds some water. Much of it does not. In our market Mazda's, Nissan's, Kia's and Hyundai's, are clapped out rust buckets in 5 to 6 years or less. If buying a car is no more than how much crap comes standard, with no regard to how well it holds up down the road, by all means, fill your boots. I'm sure this tool is a poor example of the intelligence level of the average Aussie "auto expert". I think he should go back into the desert and lick some more toads.:cool:

Last edited:
I helped my daughter buy a 2012 Fit in 2012. 3 years later, such a find car. Of course, I have a 91 NSX that is my daily drive. I just sold me 2004 MDX that I purchased in 2008 that runs and runs and runs. Now as for racing, Indycar and MotoGP are Honda's play ground and someday McLaren / Honda F1. That one for another day...

It's definitely an exaggerated video, but it is sad that Honda has lost a lot of its excitement. It's as if Toyota and Honda have switched places. Honda making the safe and economical cars, while Toyota releasing cars like the LFA, FRS, and upcoming Supra. I change in leadership would be nice.

Mike B

Back