• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I finally got one!

I drove all the from Houston to Madison, MS. The owner had it all washed and ready to go! There was a missed communication on the price. But in the end, the seller was a super nice guy and gave her to me for what I had originally offered.

Taken right before I left for Texas.
IMG_6268.JPEG

I haven't had time to do a wash to get rid of the dead bugs, but here are some pics with the A80.
IMG_6296.JPEG
IMG_6293.JPEGIMG_6301.JPEGIMG_6303.JPEG

Damn 18 wheeler flung a rock at my windshield! :mad:
IMG_6288.JPEG

Going back behind the gate to keep the thieves away.
IMG_6279.JPEG
IMG_6280.JPEG

Congrats. What’s the history/story on your ride?

Thanks, I typed the VIN on here and this thread popped up. The previous owner had it since 2010 and only drove it for 10k during this 14-year ownership. His wife has been nagging him to get rid of it. He's planning on buying a nice truck to replace the NSX. I'll be honest, this is not my dream spec (red manual) but for the price, I just couldn't pass it up.

Nice. Lots of guilt free driving to go. That’s the great thing about this site. Most cars’ story and history can be pulled just based on the VIN on the forums.

Yes sir, he also just got the timing service done. I'm just planning to use it as a weekend car. My Supra will still be my daily until something else comes along. He said the only thing that needs to be done is an oil change, but a Honda dealer can do that if I couldn't find an Acura dealer.

Keep all those other fluids changed also. Just changed my clutch fluid and makes a world of difference. Just like my S2K - new fluids in short intervals really help. Given how much you drive (weekend car), time is more a factor than mileage.

Welcome.

Welcome to the club! You won't regret it. I bet it's not long before you change daily drivers, if you can tolerate the increased attention and constant (y)'s from all the video-game generation.

You're right that the red ones are faster, but the black ones are fun too, and may not attract officer Friendly as much. :)

Add your particulars to your profile and your sig to make it easier for other folks to help you when you have questions.

Congratulations.

The advice on fluid changes is worthy. You have the first generation ABS system so you need to study the service manual and the references on NSX Prime to figure out what it takes to keep that system operating smoothly. A recent TB service is nice; but, since Houston is a place that has a reputation for being hot and humid I suggest that you make sure that the cooling system is in good condition. Once exposed to air and heat, cooling system corrosion inhibitors start to age so time can be just as important as mileage in terms of replacing the coolant. Also, do you know whether the hoses in the cooling system have ever been replaced? If original, replacement of all the cooling hoses would be a good idea. A lot more NSX engines have been taken out by a ruptured cooling hose than by timing belt issues.

Is the main EFI relay original? If so, I would consider having a replacement on hand just because that is an age related bullet that seems to be universal. Mine quit with no prior warning at 20 years. The other age related spare that is handy is the actual ignition switch which can start to become erratic around 20-25 years age. Neither the relay or the ignition switch are very expensive if you order them from Amayama.com.

One up-side to the automatic is that you don't have to worry about the stupid clutch starter interlock switch button breaking and dropping out and leaving you with a no start situation in some parking lot far from home. If you have to deal with heavy / slow traffic, the automatic will be +++. I find that the clutch operation (high release point) combined with the throttle response on the NSX does not make for relaxed stop and go driving.

Congrats- I'm so happy for you!

If the AT was replaced with a new unit, a fluid change should be all you need right now since you're at around 60k on the unit, right? You should have the internal filter done around 90k-100k on the trans.

I'd check the marketplace for a nice set of 94-01 wheels and get rid of those big rimz. ;)

I hope you get tons of enjoyment out of the car!!

WOW.... Finally got one. Congrat!!!

Congrats! Very happy for you!! 👏🏽🤩

Thank you guys :)

Welcome to the club! You won't regret it. I bet it's not long before you change daily drivers, if you can tolerate the increased attention and constant (y)'s from all the video-game generation.

You're right that the red ones are faster, but the black ones are fun too, and may not attract officer Friendly as much. :)

Add your particulars to your profile and your sig to make it easier for other folks to help you when you have questions.

Thanks, a few of the neighbors and their kids were already eyeing her. I went to pump some gas and a number of people pulled out their phones to take pics. One reason why the previous owner wanted to sell was because he didn't like the attention that the car was bringing. He didn't like people taking photos and posting them on the web. He was worried that someone could run his plates and found out where he lived.

Last edited:
Congrats- I'm so happy for you!

If the AT was replaced with a new unit, a fluid change should be all you need right now since you're at around 60k on the unit, right? You should have the internal filter done around 90k-100k on the trans.

I'd check the marketplace for a nice set of 94-01 wheels and get rid of those big rimz. ;)

I hope you get tons of enjoyment out of the car!!

Thank you Paul! :)

I'll make sure to ask about the tranny fluid when I bring her for service. They're not my favorite wheels but I'm kind of broke at the moment lol.

Yes sir, everyone keeps saying you only live once.

Congratulations.

The advice on fluid changes is worthy. You have the first generation ABS system so you need to study the service manual and the references on NSX Prime to figure out what it takes to keep that system operating smoothly. A recent TB service is nice; but, since Houston is a place that has a reputation for being hot and humid I suggest that you make sure that the cooling system is in good condition. Once exposed to air and heat, cooling system corrosion inhibitors start to age so time can be just as important as mileage in terms of replacing the coolant. Also, do you know whether the hoses in the cooling system have ever been replaced? If original, replacement of all the cooling hoses would be a good idea. A lot more NSX engines have been taken out by a ruptured cooling hose than by timing belt issues.

Is the main EFI relay original? If so, I would consider having a replacement on hand just because that is an age related bullet that seems to be universal. Mine quit with no prior warning at 20 years. The other age related spare that is handy is the actual ignition switch which can start to become erratic around 20-25 years age. Neither the relay or the ignition switch are very expensive if you order them from Amayama.com.

One up-side to the automatic is that you don't have to worry about the stupid clutch starter interlock switch button breaking and dropping out and leaving you with a no start situation in some parking lot far from home. If you have to deal with heavy / slow traffic, the automatic will be +++. I find that the clutch operation (high release point) combined with the throttle response on the NSX does not make for relaxed stop and go driving.

Thank you! :)

Since I got the car it has just been parked behind the gate. I have been so busy with work and preparing for my graduation next weekend. But the previous owner gave me a whole box full of papers and records. I'll look over them soon and report back.

Hi ..I'm In Houston . I have the 1991 .. I think I have the loud noises coming from the alb system , when I start to drive.. do you know any reputable mechanic can take a look at it? Thank you very much .

Hi ..I'm In Houston . I have the 1991 .. I think I have the loud noises coming from the alb system , when I start to drive.. do you know any reputable mechanic can take a look at it? Thank you very much .

I heard a lot of good things about Rahim.

All new fluids! He got me in and out really quick. Highly recommend!

Edited: The tranny now shifts a lot better.

442411269_10160224306413719_389730152617219591_n.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats. Sucks about the windshield. Know that OEM Honda windshield is pretty much unobtanium if you are working with your insurance to try and get one, I recall someone bought possibly the last one in North America at the time last year and paid a small fortune for it. I know Christian ATR usually has some in stock. Not sure about aftermarket versions and what the quality was like on those.

Congrats. Sucks about the windshield. Know that OEM Honda windshield is pretty much unobtanium if you are working with your insurance to try and get one, I recall someone bought possibly the last one in North America at the time last year and paid a small fortune for it. I know Christian ATR usually has some in stock. Not sure about aftermarket versions and what the quality was like on those.

Thank you so much! Unfortunately my deductible is around $1k. I went the cheap route and just had the windshield repaired for the mean time. I figured for a few bucks I can get a few more years out of it before having to replace entirely.

Back