• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I put my deposit down on the new NSX today

100 dollars is hardly a deposit LOL J/K

I called last month and they want 10% down so I ask them how much

is the asking price they said they dont know.

I asked if it will be manual transmission if its not I dont want it and would be a waste of a chassis.
they said they dont know.

I said well if you cant give me or any info Im not gonna put down a 10% deposit on a price I dont know.

now all this was last month they may know more now

dont worry guys when I put 50K down on it very soon I will post my deposit slip from the Acura Dealership

and first on the list LOL what list.
the next guy that puts down more cash than you is now the first in line
thats how dealerships work.

Lets do that as we all put down deposits lets post a pic of them.
lets start a deposit slip thread LOL

No that is not how dealerships work. Its usually the guy that pays the most profit that gets his vehicle first....not the guy that puts down the most money. The first deposit just guarantees you first right of refusal if u dont agree with the still unknown asking price. The Honda dealership i work for also owns an Acura dealership. Since our wholesaler has been with us for over 15 years he wont be charged "TMV" pricing.

Unless you have money to burn, go get your money back.

How much did they take? You have to consider the time-value of money here. We are YEARS away from release.

I am also willing to bet that you had no contract signed, and knowing how dealers work, they will definitely take "your car" and sell it to the highest bidder when it does arrive.

Nothing less than a contract will help, and even then, it will only help.

I assume you are referring to me as I put the deposit down.

Actually I do have a signed contract, but I think the the point you are making is whether the dealer will honor the agreement.

Having dealt with them for almost 20 years and four cars bought, I think I have as good a chance as anyone to get the car. My current NSX has been serviced by the same technician for 18 years.

My agreement is at Acura MSRP plus the usual stated delivery charges and taxes. If I don't like the car I can cancel and my money will be refunded.

Yes I will be out of pocket a modest amount of interest but I'm not concered about that.

Perhaps you have had bad experiences at Acura Dealerships but in my case I've always been treated fairly by my dealership so I've done the deal

I'm also retired and don't want to have to wait until I'm too old to drive the car.

Jim

Last edited:
I got on the list today, put down my deposit I am #5 at my dealership.:smile:

Attachments

• 2012-02-07 12.04.50.jpg
    2012-02-07 12.04.50.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 698
I got on the list today, put down my deposit I am #5 at my dealership.:smile:

Congratulations.
If you are # 5 then I guess at least 6 of us are sold on the new NSX.

BTW what magazine is that in your pic?

Jim

Last edited:
I would not be surprised if the new NSX was ready by the end of this year.
I think they're going to get it out sooner than they would like you to believe.

Congratulations.
If you are # 5 then I guess at least 6 of us are sold on the new NSX.

BTW what magazine is that in your pic?

Jim

The pic is out of the dealers 2012 catalog they gave me along with some other paperwork

I stopped by at Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA a little over a week ago. They stated I would be #2 on the list and were asking for a $1,000 deposit. Like others above, no estimated price or date. They also would require anyone on the "list" to sign documents stating that they will not sell their place in line or attempt to profit from the place in line in order to sell it at MSRP.

I'm both happy and amazed at the gauging interest of the new nsx...
Wow i can't believe that some dealers have several people lined up for it already..that's a great thing, hope Acura gets the message that we really want this car :)

I'm both happy and amazed at the gauging interest of the new nsx...
Wow i can't believe that some dealers have several people lined up for it already..that's a great thing, hope Acura gets the message that we really want this car :)

I wouldn't be surprised after the Seinfeld ad that several hundred have put down deposits. I also wouldn't be surprised that half of them really don't want the car but want the place in the queue.

Let's hope Honda has a solid policy in place this time so we don't get a repeat of the mistakes made on the first launch.

It would show some marketing maturity on Honda's part if they gave preference to existing NSX owners, much as Ferrari does on their new models.

I don't hold too much hope on that as Honda really doesn't have any tradition of selling into exclusive market segments.

Jim

Say what, you can put down a deposit, WHERE, and how much is it? Should I just call all the dealerships in teh US and find out which ones take a deposit for the least amount of money..?

Say what, you can put down a deposit, WHERE, and how much is it? Should I just call all the dealerships in teh US and find out which ones take a deposit for the least amount of money..?

I believe most dealerships have began to create deposit-held lists. Just call a dealership near you and ask. I know for a fact a couple in WA already have their 5 spots filled. I think the smallest hold amount you'll find is $1000.

I believe most dealerships have began to create deposit-held lists. Just call a dealership near you and ask. I know for a fact a couple in WA already have their 5 spots filled. I think the smallest hold amount you'll find is $1000.

$1,000 would surely be nice. Acura of Seattle wouldn't commit but said that it's typically about 10% of teh MSRP price :eek:.

So where did you get $1,000?

Southside Acura of Edmonton won't even consider a waiting list.
Trev

talked to my local acura dealership in longwood,fl. a $500 deposit is all that's required and 4 individuals have already done this.
mgr said that he's already received cash offers to be placed at the top and one is offering to sell his spot on the list.

talked to my local acura dealership in longwood,fl. a $500 deposit is all that's required and 4 individuals have already done this.
mgr said that he's already received cash offers to be placed at the top and one is offering to sell his spot on the list.

I understand there are about 250 Acura dealers in the US.

If we assume an average of 5 per dealership, we might have 1000-1250 cars allocated to the US at the launch.

I really hope Honda sets a policy on wait lists as it's disturbing to see the same attempts at line hopping etc. that happened on the first launch.

Hopefully Honda will keep the new NSX exclusive to protect the new owners as well as their future production.

Jim

I understand there are about 250 Acura dealers in the US.

If we assume an average of 5 per dealership, we might have 1000-1250 cars allocated to the US at the launch.

I really hope Honda sets a policy on wait lists as it's disturbing to see the same attempts at line hopping etc. that happened on the first launch.

Hopefully Honda will keep the new NSX exclusive to protect the new owners as well as their future production.

Jim

My dealer is having people sign agreements preventing them from selling spots in line or attempting to profit from this.

Any joker can come up with a $500-1000 deposit. Very few will have the cash to pay six figures for an exotic car in this economy.

No offense any current owners legitimately trying to secure a car, I'm just saying that even if ever dealer have 10 people "in line" I doubt too many if any of those people actually have the ways, means and intention to take delivery.

This stupid Seinfield ad is bringing the "flipper" mentality people out of the woodwork.

Back