• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

IN Car Footage: Buttonwillow and Laguna Seca

Finally, after much delay:

Here's the in-car footage from the Super Street Super Lap Battle in the Factor X FX750 Turbo NSX to finish 2nd in Unlimited RWD -being its second time on A track EVER!

-needless to say, their is so much potential in this car, that we did not get a chance to work out even most of the bugs. Not to say anything bad about Factor X because they are an amazing group of hard working, dedicated guys, but i'd like to see any team (professional or otherwise) try to post a time that Factor X did at Buttonwillow with only 1 test day before hand. Well here it is:

1:50.631 Buttonwillow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLwa1HXKDsI
DSC_0804cropped.jpg

Here's some in-car footage of the infamous 1972 Datsun 510 Flame-thrower (powered by a 13B rotary) during it's final Time Attack session for the Redline Time Attack Finale at Laguna Seca -finishing in 3rd place in Modified RWD. This car too was down some much needed development time as this was the first and only time the car was tracked with its new suspension, and also fared pretty well:

1:38.876 Laguna Seca
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-SSk_3pO68
1:38.575 Laguna Seca
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqG8n-dqrQ0
DSC_0028.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmmmmm :confused:

"This video has been removed by the user. "

Factor X FX 750 Buttonwillow

Factor X FX 750 Buttonwillow...Factor FX 750 Buttonwillow

WOW - nice video. It seems to me that you need to have a very very strong driver to keep that monster under control. Billy, it seemed that you were waiting for the road to open up to get on it a few times, ie you were later on the gas than Id have expected. Its hard to understand how much speed you're carrying through the corners though.

Looks crazy fast and well put together. Traction seems to be an issue.

sick ass sick Billy!! :eek: was that vid the actual 1:50 run?

you had your 'work' cut out for you with the car, ... takes a lot of concentration! I'm just starting to take my car to the limits, ... now that I've had her all of two weeks! ;) lol But i like how the NSX handles/reacts to drivers input! :D

It seems to me that you need to have a very very strong driver to keep that monster under control.
Again, its was the cars' second track day EVER - still a lot left on the table in regards to setup.
Billy, it seemed that you were waiting for the road to open up to get on it a few times, ie you were later on the gas than Id have expected.
The name of the game is mid-corner speed. What's hard to see/put in perspective the vastly greater entry and mid-corner speed. The higher the HP the car, the less you "brake, maintenance throttle @ turn-in, through and out of the corner" -like in a 'momentum' car. It has so much power, you focus on gaining time on the entry-mid corner and rotate the car midcorner to put the power down.
Traction seems to be an issue.
-A huge portion of that was fixed for the following weekend at Laguna Seca.
sick ass sick Billy!! :eek: was that vid the actual 1:50 run?

you had your 'work' cut out for you with the car, ... takes a lot of concentration! I'm just starting to take my car to the limits, ... now that I've had her all of two weeks! ;) lol But i like how the NSX handles/reacts to drivers input! :D
Yes that was the 1:50 run. -Take your car to the limits and work on your driving at a track, you dont wanna hit anything/anyone, curb your car, or get a ticket/arrested. -You missed a great track day today at Willow Springs - hopefully you'll make it out to the next one!

Ok ok ok ok, The video is up now and fixed (for the most part) -the best we could get it.

Holy cow that car is fast. When I see videos like that, it reminds me of watching F1 in-car footage. In both cases, the car is "too fast" for the track. Or, put another way, the track is too short for how fast the car is.

That track looked terribly bumpy and that seemed to lead to lots of the oversteer.

I bet this car would be even more dominent (compare to other street-based cars) on a longer track. Or, in other words, I bet this cars best strength isn't flying over cubs and pavement changes... yet it was still ridiculously fast.

Also, as a former event coordinator, this isn't the type of car that really fits in with a normal DE. I mean, usually some instructors show up in Boxsters and Miatas and a few fast drivers may have Porsche twin turbos... but this is a whole new level.

Yes that was the 1:50 run. -Take your car to the limits and work on your driving at a track, you dont wanna hit anything/anyone, curb your car, or get a ticket/arrested. -You missed a great track day today at Willow Springs - hopefully you'll make it out to the next one!
don't worry about me bro .... i only play alone....;):p

In both cases, the car is "too fast" for the track. Or, put another way, the track is too short for how fast the car is.

That track looked terribly bumpy and that seemed to lead to lots of the oversteer.

I bet this car would be even more dominent (compare to other street-based cars) on a longer track. Or, in other words, I bet this cars best strength isn't flying over cubs and pavement changes... yet it was still ridiculously fast.

QUOTE]

I agree, looks more like an autocross on a poorly paved Kmart parking lot. But hey, I am used to quality long tracks like Road America, Mid-Ohio, Brainerd, Mid America, Autobahn. :)

Looks like a handfull.

Can a car be too fast? Nice car and some killer driving! Can you imagine for a moment this car with all the bugs worked out and it running close to 100% ? (car had issues and still kicked tail)
Billie, you've got the skilz down, no question. Keep it up :biggrin:

Can a car be too fast? Nice car and some killer driving! Can you imagine for a moment this car with all the bugs worked out and it running close to 100% ? (car had issues and still kicked tail)
Billie, you've got the skilz down, no question. Keep it up :biggrin:
A car can never be too fast :biggrin: . Thank you, and yes, with some development time under the car, it will drop a lot of time. It was no where near 100%...:wink:
Cool video, what body kit is on the NSX?
Custom body kit which Factor X will be selling once a few more (Functional) modifications are done. -unlike most of the un-functional widebodies and body kits out there...

Good stuff Billy.....keep up the good work man.

Billy,
That was some remarkable driving, you definately had your hands full, it seem that the FX750 required the trottle to be gently squeezed, and modulated. Kinda like a viper, too much hp being put down by the car. The driving was smooth relative to the uneveness of the track. I loved watch the 510, very different animal, yet keeping momentum must of been key. Keep up the great work. Looking foward to learning from the master.

Back