• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Info On Black 96 JH4NA1188TT000116 PLEASE

I am looking into this 1996 on ebay. The odometer reads 45,500mi and the interior is kinda trashed for the miles. Title reads stolen/recovered.
Don't wanna pull the trigger without lots more info. Contacting seller to ask a million questions too.
Any info help anybody has would be great. Thank You, -DREW-

Last edited:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Acura-NSX-2dr-NSX-T-Op-/181962892835

The ebay ad says:

VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): JH4NA1188TT000116
Year: 1996 Vehicle Title: Rebuilt, Rebuildable & Reconstructed

Rebuilt is not the same as theft.

The pictures in the ad show the car to be completely trashed. It looks like it was wrecked and stripped and everything was half-ass slapped back together in the cheapest possible way.

Last edited:
I would make sure you REALLY know what you are looking at if you buy that car because I guarantee it is a Cracker Jack Car and you may not like the surprise inside. If you know NSXs well or have someone with you that knows them, it might be a decent buy, but you might end up with $10k in repairs to get it running smooth. Or it might run just fine and be a great beater NSX that you can tool around in with happiness.

Personally, I would look for a car with a better ownership history though.

Yeah, those are my thoughts as well. But I also have hopes and parts to fool with. I took apart my '94 and put it back together soooo many times, I do know the car very well. I certinly won't give them $29. Maybe $25. I can talk them down because I do know what I'm talking about. If they don't budge, on to the next. What do you mean by better ownership history? Curious. The engine will be built and SC'ed by SoS, so not extremely concerned, but still aware. Gotta get to work, I'll check back in this evening. Thanks again, -DREW-

I mostly mean a car that isn't being listed on eBay "by a friend" from a dealership. Best would be a car owned by enthusiasts or one with a known NSXPrime history.

To be honest it sounds like you are the right type of person to buy this car as you can go in eyes wide open and I agree with you on the price point, low twenties might not be a bad deal for a project car thta is going to be torn down for a SC anyways.

seller sounds a bit off to me and no real reason for the extreme wear. too sketchy for me. I asked knowledgeable questions and requested specific pictures, he asked to call me back. We're Done.......
I believe I'll hold out for another '94. Thanks, -DREW-

CAVEAT EMPTOR:

The owner's name is Jade Perrillo and here are a few tidbits I found by doing a simple Google search:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/glen-lyon-pa/T8MDK6TFG6N9PEHV2

Hanover Township
Jade Perillo, of Mountain Top, was taken into custody Wednesday following a traffic stop on the Sans Souci Parkway, police said.
Perillo was wanted by the Luzerne County Sheriff's Department for failure to appear in court for charges of filing a fraudulent insurance claim and theft by deception.
He was jailed in the Luzerne County Correctional Facility, Wilkes-Barre.

and another one:

We purchased a van in March 2008 at Jadan's Auto Sales thru a Buy here, Pay here plan. We are still waiting for the registration and a title. I am unable to get handicap tags. There is no record of the VIN in Harrisburg nor of the tags that I have on the van. The van is still registered to the previous owner. I can not drive it after July 1st. I am in contact with the State Police and Penndot.

Kenneth
Pittston, Pennsylvania
U.S.A.

http://usacomplaints.com/miscellaneous/433849-jadens-auto-works-complaints-reviews.html

CAVEAT EMPTOR part 2

I've attached copies of the title as provided by the seller. Take note that vehicle is being sold by "Jade" Perrillo (through another friend's eBay account) but title is registered to John Klein. When you check the reverse side it appears as if John Klein signed the title but the "notary" didn't record the DATE or the MILEAGE ????? ...... AND the notaries commission expired in 2009. This paperwork allegedly transfers title to "Jadens" Autoworks signed by Jade Perrillo. WAIT.....it even gets better. According to Jade he is no longer in the "car business". By law in the state of PA any/all vehicles held by Jaden Autoworks MUST be individually titled within 6 months of the business closing. Is all of this convoluted enough yet? ALSO........this vehicle would NOT be covered under eBay's buyer protection since it is a salvage title. Be careful out there boys and girls. :eek:

Attachments

• Title face.jpg
    Title face.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Title rear.jpg
    Title rear.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 93
CAVEAT EMPTOR part 3

Looks like the car didn't sell for more than "suggested reserve" and auction ended without a sale. I'm posting this just in case it gets listed again or pops up elsewhere:

Luzerne County PA Board of Vehicle Manufacturers, Dealers and Salespersons

Jade Perillo, license no. MV176002, of Mountain Top, Luzerne County, agreed to the permanent voluntary surrender of his license because he pled guilty to crimes involving moral turpitude. (06/06/13)

just to be clear:

moral turpitude: “refers generally to conduct that shocks the public conscience as being inherently base, vile, or depraved, contrary to the rules of morality and the duties owed between man and man, either one's fellow man or society in general.” The person committing it should have had either an “evil intent” or been acting recklessly.

HA! This info has me laughing. When I was asking this guy questions about the car, it sounded like he got really nervous (as if cornered), and he could Not give me any straight answers as to any issues clearly seen in the photos. Even after saying it was his personal car for the last fourteen years. He said the wear was from driving it A LOT. I drove my '94 about 40,000 mi in five years and it is pristine. That guy is a fool! Thanks a whole bunch GO KRT. -DREW-

Last edited:
He said the wear was from driving it A LOT.

Looks like he drove it so hard that the targa roof panel doesn't fit right anymore.

Uneven gap along the front, extra wide gap in the drivers side front corner, but overhangs the window more than normal on the drivers side rear. I'd love to see body shop measurements on it.

Attachments

• JH4NA1188TT000116-roof.JPG
    JH4NA1188TT000116-roof.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Back