• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

It's that time again....UFC 78

Time for our monthly UFC thread, this one's for UFC 78...uh..'Validation' :rolleyes:
Yeah, Bisping v Evans is a joke of a main event, but the undercard is absolutely stacked.

Here we go...

Rashad Evans v Michael Bisping (Evans, he's more explosive/athletic)
Karo Parisyan v Ryo Chonan (Karo, but i'd like to see Chonan win and rematch Anderson :smile: )
Spencer Fisher v Frankie Edgar (going with 'The King' on this one)
Joe Lauzon v Jason Reinhardt (Lauzon by 'ear' naked choke)
Joe Doerkson v Ed Herman (Doerkson even though Fiho just beat him, Herman is overrated)
Chris Lytle v Thiago Alves (2 of my absolute favs, hate to pick, but Alves)
Akihiro Gono v Tamdan McCrory (Gono by afro-puff)
Houston Alexander v Thiago Silva (this will be sick, Alexander puts Silva in orbit)
Marcus 'Maximus' Aurelio v Luke Caudillo (Maximus, but he'll have to kill his name first)

And there you have it...

Jon

Rashad Evans v Michael Bisping (TKO, Stoppage due to strikes)
Karo Parisyan v Ryo Chonan (Split Decision, Karo is a douche though... :rolleyes: )
Spencer Fisher v Frankie Edgar (TKO, stoppage due to strikes)
Joe Lauzon v Jason Reinhardt (Lauzon by RNC)
Joe Doerkson v Ed Herman (Sub)
Chris Lytle v Thiago Alves (Sub)
Akihiro Gono v Tamdan McCrory (Ref stoppage)
Houston Alexander v Thiago Silva (KO rd 1)
Marcus 'Maximus' Aurelio v Luke Caudillo (TKO rd 1)

Turbo... You are a true UFC fan.
When is the event?

Saturday Night 7pm Pacific Time

Seeing as I did SOOOOO good last time, I'll help out the gamblers... just pick the ones I don't:

Rashad Evans v Michael Bisping (Evans, I picked Bisping throughout TUF, but after watching the Hamill fight, the honeymoon is over... Evans by decision, neither are great finishers in my book)
Karo Parisyan v Ryo Chonan (Karo, don't like him, but you've seen how the Pride guys have been doing... and it's do or die time for the Heat)
Spencer Fisher v Frankie Edgar (LOVE Fisher, but I just re-watched the Answers fight v. Tyson, and I don't think Fisher can knock this guy out!)
Joe Lauzon v Jason Reinhardt (Lauzon because he's a class act. Did you know that not only does he post on Sherdog, but he's an active Opie and Anthony poster on wackbag.com??)
Joe Doerkson v Ed Herman (When has Short Fuse done anything impressive... he gets doused)
Chris Lytle v Thiago Alves (Alves... has more fire)
Akihiro Gono v Tamdan McCrory (don't know these guys)
Houston Alexander v Thiago Silva (wow... one of my most anticipated fights. Alexander comes out so furious... rooting for Alexander, but haven't seen him get past the first round, he knocked everyone out first!)
Marcus 'Maximus' Aurelio v Luke Caudillo (Only know Aurelio and wasn;t too impressed. Another do or die figh here)

There you have it... hope I do better this time. And I agree... main event is anticlimatic, but the card overall is fantastic.

I'm only predicting two fights tonight...Evans over Bisping! (Matt Hamill won that last fight). Houston Alexander...wins in the 1st round. If he keeps it up, he'll be the champion very, very soon.

OK, not the best UFC event.
None of the fights were anything special, save for Lauzon blitzing Reinhardt, and Houston getting his dome hammerfisted through the canvas. Edgar completely dominated Spence, to my surprise. Oh, and Karo looked even more out of shape than normal, while Chonan was in the best shape i've seen him in. In all honesty, the Strikeforce event the day before was at least as good, especially watching Cung Le drop Sam Morgan to his butt whenever he connected w/ a kick, though Salmon getting KO'd again and seizing was not good...his career is over IMO.

yeah... last one was worse. Pretty boring. This one at least had a couple good undercard fights! I was happy to see Houston Alexander finally exposed and get KTFO'd! Sucked to see Spencer Fisher in that condition, and I was hoping for Rashad to get knocked out of the ring... :redface:

yeah... last one was worse. Pretty boring. This one at least had a couple good undercard fights! I was happy to see Houston Alexander finally exposed and get KTFO'd! Sucked to see Spencer Fisher in that condition, and I was hoping for Rashad to get knocked out of the ring... :redface:

I wanted to see Houston win actually but Its always good seeing tough guy get knocked the f' out. I also wanted to see Rashad get beat.

Really. I thought the last one was worse!

Yeah, the last PPV was the worst...and last night was a close 2nd! I'm a little dissapointed in Alexander's loss because I was expecting him to move up to fight the "big dogs" soon. Glad I didn't pay for this PPV this time. They should reward the fans with the next event on Spike TV for free!

Back