• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just got a new set of LED parking lights. .

Re: same color?

That link is for "W5W" & the original link in the 1st post was for "W9W"; Oddjob is asking if there is a difference between the two. Perhaps the "W9W" was a typo, as I too can only find "W5W" now.

Also, Hapa88, is there a difference in color in the 6WLED bulbs you had & the new 25-LED bulbs? {ie. are both crystal-white w/ slight UV-like halo?}

I'm pretty sure that W9W is a typo and also the bulbs listed are a cross-reference for sizing purposes. 168, 194, W5W bulbs all use the same wedge style plug.

The 6WLED bulbs had a slightly bluer tint from my recollection, but that could be just because the 25 LED was brighter and washed out more of the bluer color. The 25 LED has a very slight blue tint (maybe like 5000-5500K). Whereas the 6WLED was probably closer to 6000-6500K.

Re: same color?

The 6WLED bulbs had a slightly bluer tint from my recollection, but that could be just because the 25 LED was brighter and washed out more of the bluer color. The 25 LED has a very slight blue tint (maybe like 5000-5500K). Whereas the 6WLED was probably closer to 6000-6500K.
Thanks buddy! Just wanted that type of affirmation before I grab some for the front-bumper combo' lights (NSX application) & license-plate lights (for other vehicles in the stable).

took 2 weeks to get after ordering them on ebay. The fitment finish is not so good as the bulb is loose and can move around. Its a problem if it moves around in lens as it will affect the aim and brightness and if it pops out into the lens. They are bright matches the color of my 6000k HID headlights. However they are not bright enough to be noticeable on a sunny day to use as day time running lights.

I believe that resistors are required for bulbs that are the turn-signal lights. LEDs will need resistors in them or the turn-signals end up blinking super fast.

Has anyone tried replacing the OEM flasher unit with one that is not dependent on load resistance? There's no technical reason why a flashing circuit needs a specific load resistance to operate at a given flash rate. We know incandescent flashers work this way to let folks know when one of their bulbs are out. But many new cars use all LED lighting so there may be a way to retrofit an all LED flasher to our cars. This would eliminate the need for hot resistors hidden in the car and make LED conversions simpler, safer and more reliable. Just a thought...

took 2 weeks to get after ordering them on ebay. The fitment finish is not so good as the bulb is loose and can move around. Its a problem if it moves around in lens as it will affect the aim and brightness and if it pops out into the lens. They are bright matches the color of my 6000k HID headlights. However they are not bright enough to be noticeable on a sunny day to use as day time running lights.

Quality control and product consistency is the biggest issue with cheap things coming from China. Mine fit perfectly with no play. Unfortunately, due to lack of quality control, some LED bulbs may be too tight or too loose. When I purchased it, I figured it was only $5.00, why not try it. Luckily, I have not have any issues LED bulbs from China (unlike some of the other things I bought).

Last edited:
My fiancee just picked up an IS250 so I've been on their forums a lot and came across this. Someone did a quick 194 size LED test and comparison. I recommend you guys check it out! Some good info a pictures in it.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...t-led-parking-light-the-definitive-guide.html

You should ask him to test and compare the 25 LED bulbs that we have.:wink: I wonder how it would compare with the 13 LED (his option #5). It was a very good write up.

Last edited:
Back