• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

KANSAS CITY Meet and Drive in the Country - Oct 10th

WHERE:
RED ROBIN
18810 E Us Highway 40
Independence, MO 64055

WHEN: October 10th, 2010! Meeting around 9:30AM, departing around 10:00AM.

WHAT: A spirited drive in the country. Lots of twisties, a few straights, and a ton of fun. The drive should take approximately 3 hours, followed by lunch afterwards (Location TBD).

WHO: Hosted by the KC Z Club again as in the past, but invites have gone out all ranges of cars; from Z cars to NSXs to z06s to M3s. Expect all kinds of makes and models. I will be driving my M3. All makes and models are welcome to join.

Join us for our 2nd official KC Z Club Cruise of the year! Several people have been asking me when we were going to put on our next cruise, and that time is finally here. We always encourage everyone to drive safely and please refrain from driving outside of your own comfort zone. This is not a race, and while it is a rather "spirited" drive, it should be expected that excessive speeding is generally frowned upon.

We will likely be leaving in two groups, a "slow" group and a "slower" group. It is not required, but honestly HIGHLY recommended that the first group have some sort of track/autoX experience... We don't want anyone pushing beyond their limits and want everyone to be comfortable driving and simply have a good time!

WHAT TO BRING:
A navigator, if possible! Printed directions will be provided at the start, so having a navigator is recommended, but not necessary.

Two-way radio

Full tank of gas (The cruise is approximately 130 miles or so, pending route revision) - There are few gas stations along the way, but there is a QuikTrip right across the street from the starting point.

Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to drive the route before the cruise, so we will be utilizing the same route as before.

Last edited:
I should be able to make it. Seems like everyone is selling! John, Robert, etc. Maybe we can get Robert to bring it out one more time before he sells it. Looks like the weather will be great. Pete, why aren't you driving the NSX?

I should be able to make it. Seems like everyone is selling! John, Robert, etc. Maybe we can get Robert to bring it out one more time before he sells it. Looks like the weather will be great. Pete, why aren't you driving the NSX?

Ha! Good catch, Gary! I am driving my NSX, but copied that post from a buddy who posted it, who is driving his M3! I didn't even notice it said that until you mentioned it!

See you guys tomorrow! I'm watching the Japanese Grand Prix live tonight at 12:30am, so hopefully I wake up tomorrow morning, haha.

Gary and group...let me see if I can make it.. Gary, i'm really not motivated to sell it, maybe a little back road adrenaline may cure my illness:biggrin:

Back