• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Koenigsegg One:1 - holy mother of god

http://jalopnik.com/the-koenigsegg-one-1-is-swedens-280-mph-carbon-fiber-h-1532088783

ku-xlarge.jpg
ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg
ku-xlarge.jpg

The Hennessey Venom GT just hit 270 MPH on a runway. The Koenigsegg One:1 thinks that's cute. And that's because it should be able to hit 280 MPH. Oh, and it can go around corners like mad.

The One:1 has 1,360 horsepower at 7,500 RPM (8,250 redline) and 1,000 NM (737 lb ft) of torque from 3,000 until 7,500 RPM from a revised version of Koenigsegg's 5.0 liter turbocharged V8. That's nuts. Christian says they like to call the One:1 the world's first "mega car." Not because it doesn't fit a class, but because 1,360 horsepower equals one megawatt. It could make more power with more boost, but they wanted to achieve a balance that equaled more drivability and response. Christians goal was an engine that came on full song around 2,500 RPM, a higher boost turbo would have delayed that until 4,000 RPM. The torque curve on the One:1 is simply amazing. It isn't totally flat, but it's as close as makes no difference

Koenigsegg has equipped the One:1 with an active suspension with variable ride height. There is a paddle shift seven speed transmission that is ludicrously fast. But the part that amazed me the most was the way this car is being developed for tracks.P

See, the One:1 was designed based on customer requests for an insane track car that could also be run on the road. Koenigsegg is doing this by having the suspension, GPS, and a cell phone app all work together. This is a connected car, but in a very different way from a Google car.P

See, Koenigsegg will be traveling with the development car to a number of race tracks and setting it up to conquer them. But how they'll be doing it precisely is with GPS. In order to have an optimal setup for each corner, engineers will adjust the car for sections of a track which they will then log into the GPS. When the car reaches those coordinates again, it'll automatically adjust. One:1 also uses the cell phone as kind of a data logger. So instead of staring at a G-meter on track and crashing, it logs the data and sends it to the One:1 app on your phone. That way you have everything after your run.P

Last edited:
They had me at dihedral synchro-helix actuation doors! I could live with the first gen 800hp version with those amazing doors.

They had me at dihedral synchro-helix actuation doors! I could live with the first gen 800hp version with those amazing doors.

I actually chuckled out loud when i read your reply. Funny.

Strikes me as a slightly cheating maneuver to have the car actually make adjustments before each corner. But that's life. I'm wondering what the price point is? $4 million?

Rumors are just under $2 million. Still why design something this amazing, with so much attention to fit and finish, then only make 6?

Last edited:
Are the numbers for people that can afford that car and to track it........worth building it?

unlikely more than 1 will see the track... how many pagani's or GT3's or NSX's (as a percentage of models built) see the track? Even if I had F.U. money to buy the car, i would probably not track it. But then again, who knows... I do tend to make fun of the guys who buy track sports cars and then just go and get milk and bread with them, like most NSX owners, and most sports car owners.. One of my immature joys in life is when i have some dude at a party or whatever, who is exuberant about how "unbeatable" his GT3 or GT2 or GTR or whatever is on the track...so of course I stick my 2 cents in... "Oh, wow, you must track that thing all the time. Which tracks do you drive at?" "uh, well, actually, I, uh don't really track that much" "Oh. so your'e more of a grocery store kinda guy. OK."

I'll wait until they make a Giga-Car. 1.21 Gigawatts!

Great Scott! 1.21 Giga-Watts. Get it past 88 mph and sit back and watch the fireworks! Hope the libyans don't find out! :)

Rumors are just under $2 million. Still why design something this amazing, with so much attention to fit and finish, then only make 6?

Well for that $$$ you can have 2 Venom GTs.........Both cars are overpriced in my opinion..... million dollars or more for a car is just stupid....:cool:

I can't imagine Koenigsegg is making much money given the amount of engineering that had to go into designing and building these cars. They get back approx $12m for the 6 they sell. I just don't see it costing them any less than that in design, engineering, testing, tooling, manufacturing, etc. Wonder who you take your one of six cars to if it breaks. Do these things have warranties? That could eat up any profits quickly if there were any profits to start :)

Last edited:
Indeed if I were to buy such a car and track it I would need to have already set up a network of mechanics ect to assist me at the track.....and at home.When you buy such a car there is a whole lifestyle/ecosystem that needs to go with it.That said its just a spiffy gm (vette) turbo motor ......

re "That said its just a spiffy gm (vette) turbo motor ......"

According to Koenigsegg, they develop their own motors in house.

Ohhh........... I think you were talking about the Venom?

Last edited:
Back