• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

KW V3 vs TEIN RA

I have TEIN Circuit Master RA on my car.
Pretty sure one of (maybe both) fronts are leaking.
Is it worth Rebuilding them through TEIN or swapping for KW V3

Part 2 is, with the TEIN I don't think I could get a aircups on it for things like speed bumps, driveways etc.... Im sure with KW you can

Can anyone advise ?

If you have kw money, get kw. If you don’t want to spend that much go bc ds with swift springs.

I have TEIN Circuit Master RA on my car.
Pretty sure one of (maybe both) fronts are leaking.
Is it worth Rebuilding them through TEIN or swapping for KW V3

Part 2 is, with the TEIN I don't think I could get a aircups on it for things like speed bumps, driveways etc.... Im sure with KW you can

Can anyone advise ?
The Tein RA/RE are really top-notch coilovers. They are a high-end damper with bespoke valving for the NSX designed and built in Japan, not the China garbage being turned out now like the Flex, etc. If you are happy with the valving, I'd rebuild them- they're a really nice collectors item for the NSX since they've been out of production for 15+ years.

The KW is way more plug and play and is a fine system too. You've just got a cool piece of NSX tuning history on your car. :)

The Tein RA/RE are really top-notch coilovers. They are a high-end damper with bespoke valving for the NSX designed and built in Japan, not the China garbage being turned out now like the Flex, etc. If you are happy with the valving, I'd rebuild them- they're a really nice collectors item for the NSX since they've been out of production for 15+ years.

The KW is way more plug and play and is a fine system too. You've just got a cool piece of NSX tuning history on your car. :)
Agreed! It's unfortunate TEIN gets such a bad reputation among the NSX community simply because they don't offer any high end coilovers for our chassis anymore. I've had Japanese built TEIN in the past on my S20000 (RA and SRC) and also the new chinese stuff (monosport). I was flabbergasted that SRC wasn't available for the NSX.

As for OP's question on air cups--air cups are mostly universal. Your main constraints are going to be shaft and spring diameter. Your springs need to fit within the ID of whatever cup kit you're using and the cup kit company needs to make a cup that fits your shaft diameter. You'll need to get both shaft and spring diameters and call the cup kit company of your choice to see if they have something for you.

Another option... if you're looking for something with a bit more compliant ride quality and higher grip levels

Agreed! It's unfortunate TEIN gets such a bad reputation among the NSX community simply because they don't offer any high end coilovers for our chassis anymore. I've had Japanese built TEIN in the past on my S20000 (RA and SRC) and also the new chinese stuff (monosport). I was flabbergasted that SRC wasn't available for the NSX.

As for OP's question on air cups--air cups are mostly universal. Your main constraints are going to be shaft and spring diameter. Your springs need to fit within the ID of whatever cup kit you're using and the cup kit company needs to make a cup that fits your shaft diameter. You'll need to get both shaft and spring diameters and call the cup kit company of your choice to see if they have something for you.
I made a request to tein and they can do SRC for the nsx. it's just that it falls into the category of custom-made, the price is around £5,000

Back