• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

KW Variant 3 Suspension

Hi guys, new to the forum and have learned a lot from you guys through researching older posts. I own a 97 NSX-T currently with newly installed KW Variant Suspension with stock 16/17 tires and wheels. I am upgrading to Work Meister S1R's Front 17 x 7.5 (+37) R disc / Rear 18 x 9.5 (+35) O disc with Kumho Ecsta LE Sport tires 215/40/17 front and 255/35/18 rear. My question is, for any of you guys with a similar setup (17/18 front/rear tire combo on KW's), how much can I drop the car without affecting TCS or causing rubbing? I know that KW Variant 3 suspension has a drop range of 20 to 50mm (.8 - 2.0") on the front axle and 25mm to 55mm (.9 - 2.1") on the rear axle. Any advice would be much appreciated!

I have the V3's with the jack points on the car 100mm front and 108mm rear with 17/18 setup and zero TCS issues

I have the V3's with the jack points on the car 100mm front and 108mm rear with 17/18 setup and zero TCS issues

Awesome brotha, thank you! Love the hood on your car by the way

BEWARE OF WARRANTY
In July 2012, I purchased a set of KW v3’s for my Acura NSX.
In October 2013, I finally got around to installing them on my car. During installation, the shop found a defective shock that was leaking. This leaking shock was JUST OUT OF THE BOX.
I called KW for warranty. They asked me for measurements of the shock on the car to be able to warranty the shock. The shock has not seen any movement or use, why would you need measurements! Phil Castro insisted on the measurements to warranty the shock. I said, it just came out of the box and is just the same as you packed it.
Then I talked to Adam Tormey. He was very helpful in sending me a shock. But he wanted me to buy it and said that he would credit me as soon as they received the defective shock. Well…I sent the defective shock. And now they are insisting that I drove on it and will not give me credit for the shock.
I have reached out to
Bob Vangliet ([email protected]) but he has not returned my call.

They just emailed me and told me that the coilover has 'serious' signs of wear. How can that be since I just took them out of the box???

BEWARE OF WARRANTY
In July 2012, I purchased a set of KW v3’s for my Acura NSX.
In October 2013, I finally got around to installing them on my car. During installation, the shop found a defective shock that was leaking. This leaking shock was JUST OUT OF THE BOX.
I called KW for warranty. They asked me for measurements of the shock on the car to be able to warranty the shock. The shock has not seen any movement or use, why would you need measurements! Phil Castro insisted on the measurements to warranty the shock. I said, it just came out of the box and is just the same as you packed it.
Then I talked to Adam Tormey. He was very helpful in sending me a shock. But he wanted me to buy it and said that he would credit me as soon as they received the defective shock. Well…I sent the defective shock. And now they are insisting that I drove on it and will not give me credit for the shock.
I have reached out to
Bob Vangliet ([email protected]) but he has not returned my call.

They just emailed me and told me that the coilover has 'serious' signs of wear. How can that be since I just took them out of the box???

For a guy looking to upgrade...
Nothing like bad press...

Back