• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Let's face it... NSX oil filter selection sucks

The OEM filter works just fine, no need to worry about aftermarket brands. Except for those who spend all their time looking for things to complain about, and are scraping the bottom of their grievance barrel... :tongue:

The OEM filter works just fine, no need to worry about aftermarket brands. Except for those who spend all their time looking for things to complain about, and are scraping the bottom of their grievance barrel... :tongue:

Yeah serious!
And btw, the cabin filter selection for the NSX sucks too! :tongue:

All the later model cars have way more options like the very best oil filters from Bosch, Mobil 1, Fram, Puralator, etc.

It would be great if there is an oil filter adapter that allows us to run these newer filters.

Does such a thing exist?
BOSCH - Ref: 0 451 103 266

Fram PH8212 Extra Guard Oil Filter - Canister
Purolator Part Number: L24484
Plus many more available....

oil filter thread:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/162919-THE-ULTIMATE-NSX-Oil-Filter-Page-and-Analysis

Last edited:
I am currently running the Nippon "big" filter. Napa carries them. Although for some reason the box say ULTR-8. Part no. 361-2905.
If anyone has negative input on the Nippon, nows the time to chime in please.

I'm not sure how you would say it sucks - just a quick RockAuto.com search yields about 10 different brands of filters ranging from under $2 to about $8 each...

I know of late I've been shocked to read about the plethora of NSX engine failures due to poor oil filter selection.
This poor selection has clearly reduced engine life from 300 K miles to only 298 K miles. :eek:
Shocking news! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Back