• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My BBSC car went 12.38 @ 114 tonight

Tonight down in Bradenton,my car went 12.38 @ 114.40 my first pass with 40 psi in the tires.(Didnt check tire pressure until the trip home) The car cut a 1.93 60 ft on that pass.I then went 12.60 spinning badly as I tried to launch off red line and finally another 12.38 @ 113.53 for the last run of the night.This car will go 11's on ET streets as these runs were made on radials and tonight was a humid night with everyone ET'ing slower.Its good to finally get to see how quick the car is.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T BBSC Spa Yellow
93 Supra TT T-61
97 Viper GTS w/Corsa,K/N

how much net hp are you making? Did you keep the gearing stock?
Nice run BTW, that ought've put you in stock Z06/360 Modena territory.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 20 December 2002).]

Im not sure,the car made 379 rwhp but afterwards I found the BBSC pully was loose.I tightened it and found I could then smoke the tires through second gear.
smile.gif
Havent dynod since then.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T BBSC Spa Yellow
93 Supra TT T-61
97 Viper GTS w/Corsa,K/N

Hey Joe,
Those are very impressive numbers. I had a feeling a properly tuned and functioning Basch NSX can do low 12's at over 112mph. Your et is Viper times and your mph's are Z06 speed. What else have you done to your car? Congrats on the NICE runs!

Originally posted by nsxbadboy:
Im not sure,the car made 379 rwhp but afterwards I found the BBSC pully was loose.I tightened it and found I could then smoke the tires through second gear.
smile.gif
Havent dynod since then.

Joe

wow, good time...

slightly interested in that pulley tho, 92nsx said he did the same to his BBSC...

if it was me, id wanna hit a dyno, and check boost, and a/f, you might have some more hidden ponies in there.... esp. if you ever did that homedepot air kit, that will drop about 1.5lbs of boost... can vouche for the loss personally, on multiple BBSC on a dyno also...

Are you saying the intake is a restriction? Ive never hooked up a boost gauge but now Im curious.The car will definitely go faster as I never bothered to even check my air pressure.(I assumed it was correct)Also noted was that everyones times seemed to be a half second slower than usual due to the weather.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T BBSC Spa Yellow
93 Supra TT T-61
97 Viper GTS S/C

Originally posted by KODIAC:
wow, good time...

slightly interested in that pulley tho, 92nsx said he did the same to his BBSC...

if it was me, id wanna hit a dyno, and check boost, and a/f, you might have some more hidden ponies in there.... esp. if you ever did that homedepot air kit, that will drop about 1.5lbs of boost... can vouche for the loss personally, on multiple BBSC on a dyno also...

Another thing is last time I dynod my A/F was all over the place.The motor is running rich as hell,even tripping codes every once in a while.I believe it was a code 0175 and 0172 which is an overly rich condition.That being said,Im very pleased with the results and look forward to eeking out more ponies and running again.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T BBSC Spa Yellow
93 Supra TT T-61
97 Viper GTS S/C

Originally posted by Litespeeds:
Hey Joe,
Those are very impressive numbers. I had a feeling a properly tuned and functioning Basch NSX can do low 12's at over 112mph. Your et is Viper times and your mph's are Z06 speed. What else have you done to your car? Congrats on the NICE runs!

The Vipers were running in the 12.60 range that same night.There was only one S/C Viper that was faster than me that I saw.

The car has a Gruppe M intake and RM Exhaust to go with the BBSC.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T BBSC Spa Yellow
93 Supra TT T-61
97 Viper GTS S/C

Nice runs, but next time out lower your tire pressure to 20 Psi if you're running drag radials...it will make a huge difference. Personally, I think the car can run 12 flat or maybe high 11's on drag radials.

I don't bother using ET streets because I like to see what my car can run on the street on drag radials.

Again, congrats!

-Awais

------------------
2001 QuickSilver Corvette Coupe - Not Stock [503 RWHP, 545 RWTQ]

2002 Black Acura 3.2 TL/S

www.RacingFlix.com

any additional mods on your NSX besides the BBSC?

Originally posted by O-Ace:
Nice runs, but next time out lower your tire pressure to 20 Psi if you're running drag radials...it will make a huge difference. Personally, I think the car can run 12 flat or maybe high 11's on drag radials.

I don't bother using ET streets because I like to see what my car can run on the street on drag radials.

Again, congrats!

-Awais

Thanks for the props.I would have set the tire pressure but I was rushed as the place was packed and the lines took 30 minutes a run.I usually start at 22 psi and lower from there.I did manage a 1.89 60 ft on one run so I know that if I can cut a 1.70 or so ,the car will be in the 11's without doing anything else.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T BBSC Spa Yellow
93 Supra TT T-61
97 Viper GTS S/C

Nice run!

That 114 MPH is awesome! And I agree that 11s may be attainable with street slicks...
1.9 60 ft is awesome too considering the traction problems you were probably experiencing!!!

Awesome!!

------------------
www.xlconcepts.com

Thanks Joe. I appreciate the update.
I'm not as good of a driver as you but at least this gives me some indication of possible performance #'s with mine.
I still have some tuning issues and am awaiting Mark's return to Fl to get the car to it's next potential. I also believe to be running rich and have some code problems.
Thanks for the update! David in St. Aug.

Joe,
Nice job at the track! Your 60' time is quite good especially considering how hard your tires were set(40psi). I made one pass back when the NOPI drag war event was in town and got a [email protected]. Let me know when you would like to head back to the track as I'm looking forward to making a few more passes to see what I can get out of her.

The problem with this current setup is the clutch now.I was leaving at 6k rpms.I tried to leave off redline and the tires went up in smoke.The clutch didnt slip but I could definitely smell it.Its a Comptech powergrip 2 with about 5k miles.I cant imagine what clutch those guys with 425+ rwhp are gonna use.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T BBSC Spa Yellow
93 Supra TT T-61
97 Viper GTS S/C

Joe,
Very nice. Glad your car is getting better. Keep us posted I'm sure all us 3.2 BBSC guys like your numbers...at least I do
smile.gif

Originally posted by nsxbadboy:
Its a Comptech powergrip 2 with about 5k miles.I cant imagine what clutch those guys with 425+ rwhp are gonna use.

I am of the opinion that the powergrip 2 will be more than adaquate above 400rwhp,

I can speak from personal experiance with a 92 BBSC on the dyno, and watching the stock clutch slipping around 6500rpm (due to age of clutch) and it was table topping the HP at 300, but as soon as he gets a new clutch, do a quick tune job, and he could be making 380+rwhp. The stock twin plate clutch is still good, have seen one on a BBSC on a dyno dropping upwards 385rwhp no slip.

But, on those higher HP cars, i think the PowerGrip 2 is the way to go.

Just MHO

Mike

------------------

No Curves, No Challenge....

Any idiot can drive fast in a straight line...

Back