• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

National Acura Meet in Kansas City-June 6th

I am excited to let you know about our 3rd annual Acura Meet in Kansas City, Sunday, June 6th, 2010 at 12 noon at Jay Wolfe Acura.

THIS IS A NATIONAL ACURA MEET THAT IS SANCTIONED BY ACURAZINE!

Jay Wolfe Acura will be clearing out their entire front lot for us to park our cars for display, they'll be cooking lunch for everyone that attends. Last year, we had burgers, brats, chips and soft drinks. We will be again awarding trophies, plaques and certificate again this year for various car categories. Plus, Jay Wolfe Acura will have discount coupons for all attendees that will be redeemable for parts and/or service as well. This is a free event for all participants.

We are also working on having various vendors exhibiting at the event. Sirius/XM has already committed to exhibit. Jay Wolfe Acura will also have various parts available for sale for your car. We will possibly have AcuraZine stickers to hand out to participating cars.

Sunday, June 6th, 2010
Time: 12 Noon
Place: Jay Wolfe Acura-Kansas City, Mo., 1029 West 103rd Street, K.C., MO 64114 (Between State Line Road and Wornall Road)

Where to stay while in Kansas City: Our host hotel is the Wyndham Garden Hotel at 7000 West 108th Street Overland Park, KS 66211 - (913) 383-2550. (The hotel is approximately 7 minutes away from the dealership). http://kansas.city.hotelguide.net/data/h100071.htm

Our rate for the National Acura event is $59 per night. When making your reservation, tell them you are with AcuraZine and Jay Wolfe Acura, which should get you that rate.

What's going on in KC that weekend?
--If you're coming in early for our Sunday event, There's lots to do!
--Kansas City Royals are playing the Detroit Tigers that Friday and Saturday night (June 4th & 5th) at newly renovated Royals/Kaufman Stadium.
--Kansas City has a brand new restaurant/bar/social gathering area called the Power & Light District. This is in downtown KC, right next to the new Sprint Center. We will probably be organizing a get-together at the P&L District for Saturday night, which will include dinner and partying.
--Country Club Plaza is in central Kansas City. The Plaza is a beautiful outdoor shopping district with an abundance of top flight stores and restaurants. It is THE place to shop and eat!
--Styx, Foreinger and Kansas in concert on Thursday, June 3rd.
--Wanna see more things to do? http://www.visitkc.com/things-to-do/index.aspx

These are just a few of the things to do while in Kansas City for the weekend. I'l post more events as we get closer to our event.

We would LOVE to have you guys join us. Please sign up at:

http://www.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=770709

I may make it out...sold the nsx and looking for another one or something diffrent. I'll see what the other NSX guys are doing.

OK Guys-the countdown is on! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. Right now, the AcuraZine signup is below. There are 2 other sign-up lists going (Facebook and KCSR), so I'm expecting 60-80 cars for display. If you want to sign up, please do so here.

I've also included information about our Saturday Night Cruise and Night-Out (below). Plus, please print off the form that Buda has supplied below to fill out for judging for your cars.

If you have any questions, you can call me at 913-461-8073

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you this weekend.

__________________________________________________ ______________

1. Steven Bell-Kansas City
2. LTxArucAx60-Garden City (maybe a few of my friends will be coming)
3. Buda - Kansas City
4. yimmy1980 (& some Chitown friends)
5. swoosh - KC....i got a place to bunk here if some members wanna save on hotel !!!
6. ACBrett-WI
7. Lazer187-WI 07' TL-S
8. bigmoetl1 (st. louis)
9. 05TLRIDER - MN
10. FastInFairway - KC
11. Izzy-Type-S - Chicago
12. SSGHutch, 4G TL-AWD, Louisville, KY (If I can get off work)
13. Sezniko - Saint Charles, MO
14. mcgbball24- overland park, kansas
15. 07 TypeS
16. Takata 18 - MN
17. 06TL2NV - Rochester, MN
18. MN07TLS - Rochester, MN
19. Dizlaosboisofly- KC if i can get off work
20. MyTL09 05'TL (IL)
21. RL Chi-Town (IL)
22. fsttyms1 00'TL (WI) (Maybe)
23. SgSaber23 '99 TL (WI) (Maybe)
24. JD-GT-350
25. rpete 2001 cl type s (kc,mo)
26. MCgbball24 TL (kc)
27. WheaMyRyceGo
28. KhongsTL 05 TL(some others from KC)
29. nguy4024

__________________________________________________ __________

SATURDAY NIGHT CRUISE AND NIGHT-OUT

Here is the link (I hope) for the cruise route we'll be taking on Saturday night:

http://www.mapquest.com/mq/5-Nm*ZVdn8UPHG

I don't use MapQuest very often because I have Nav in my Type S. But I will bring copies of this map along with the directions Saturday night for everyone.

We will meet at the Berbiglia Liquor Store (directly acorss the street from Jay Wolfe Acura) at 6:30PM on Saturday, June 5th. By the time everyone arrives, I thought we would leave as soon as possible and cruise through Kansas City. This is a beautiful route, which takes us down a beautiful parkway (Ward Parkway), throught the ritsy shopping district (the Coutry Club Plaza) it will take us down to the Power & Light District/Sprint Center in Downtown Kansas City, Missouri.

Once we park, we will meet up outside the Sprint Center/College Basketball Experience. At that point, we will walk across the street to the Power & Light District for dinner, drinking and an overall great time!

The P&L District has multiple restaurants and bars. Plus a HUGE open stage area for bands, etc. If there is no band playing, they always have a DJ blasting out tunes. This is an enormous open area where everyone can dance, mingle and party. It's always a great time and a terrific party!

If you have any questions, you can call me on my mobile phone at 913-461-8073.

__________________________________________________ __________

CONTESTANT FORM

Below is the example of the mod sheet to have with you. Sorry I didn't get it posted last night. I was busy shining the summer shoes so I can get them back on my car. Basically same as last year with some slight modifications due to changes in the categories for judging. I put my data in it from last year so my actual list will change slightly for the meet.

If you are on other forums and people are coming, please post this up there as well. I will try to bring some blank forms with me.

First Name: Sean
Acurazine Handle: Buda

Distance Traveled to meet: xx miles

Car: 2006 Acura TL w/ Navi 5AT
Color: Nighthawk Black Pearl w/ Camel interior

SI - Self Install
DI - Dealer or Shop Install

Performance Modifications:
AEM Cold Air Intake V1 (SI)
A-Spec 6MT Suspension (SI)
Progress 24mm Rear Sway Bar (SI)
Thermoblock Spacers (SI)
UR Pulley (DI)

Aesthetic Mods:
Functional Modifications:
Angel Eyes (SI)
Clear Bra (DI)
Cold Cathode Licence Plate lights (SI)
Compustar Remote start/alarm (DI)
LED Interior Lighting - white (SI)
Lighted door sills (SI)
Navi Hacks - OK Bypass, Start up screen change, Trip Computer/AC controls (SI)
Phillips 85122+ HID bulbs (SI)
Switchback LED Parking/Turn Signals (SI)
Switchback LED Sidemarkers (SI)
Wendy's Camera / Dom's Unit (SI)
ZKW Replica Lenses (DI)
Non-Functional Modifications:
ACURA Domed decal (SI)
Aluminum racing pedals (SI)
A-Spec Body kit (DI)
Chrome lower grill strip (SI)
Cleared and blacked out Headlights (v2) (DI)
Color match grill / grey a-spec pieces
TL-S markers/tails (SI)
Wood Grain Trim (DI)
Wing Spoiler (DI)
Tint:
28% Solarguard Supreme (DI)

Wheels:
Volk SF Challenge 19x8.5 42 offset (SI)

Detail:
Interior: 303 Aerospace Protectorant (SI)
Exterior: Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection w/PC Booster (SI)[/quote]

__________________________________________________ _______________

Here are the categories for judging.

Trophies:
Best In Show
Best In Show Runner Up
Participants Choice -- by attendee votes

Plaques:
Best Performance Mod
Best Aesthetic Mod

Certificates:
Best Wheels
Best Tint
Best Detail
Road Warrior - This is why miles traveled to meet is on Mod sheet.

For the Miles traveled to meet, please use the following to determine this.
Website to use: maps.google.com
Origination: You current place of residence. If you are at a temporary place of residence (ex: temp relo for work) when you leave for the meet use that address.
Destination: Jay Wolfe Acura, 1029 West 103rd Street, Kansas City, MO

Here is google map link with destination already set: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...22724&t=h&z=16

If the number of miles are close for the potential recipients for Road Warrior we may double check the mileage using google maps to confirm winner.
<!-- / message -->

Back