• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need some help Vis vendors. 02+ Nsx-R hood

Hello vendors, I'm looking for a fiberglass 02 Nsxr hood. I do realize that aftermarket panels do not always fit perfectly, but I would like one that at least fits decent.(Pre-fitted if possible??) With that being said, is there a vendor here that can offer me a nice fitting Vis 02+ hood fitment at a decent price? Preferably fiberglass, as I do not like the exposed carbon look.

Thanks for any help. P.m. me, I would love to have one ordered within the next day or so.

Last edited:
I just want to warn you that initial fit and fit after years of summers and winters, car washes and sun are two different things.

No. I never did. I'm just saying look into the production process. They are different. I've seen some change shape over time. Initially, they may all fit well.

Lol.. Is that the rule? I'm pretty sure if I own an Nsx I can have a shopping list containing whatever I'd like. :rolleyes:

Hahaha, best response I've read all day. Lots of people on this forum run VIS parts, myself included, and based on the $ into their cars they can afford any parts they like.

keep in mind, VIS has terrible customer service and attitude. exchange or refund is not in their business operation.

VIS had great customer service for me. They will price match any online price (as long as it's a VIS authorized dealer) and will charge you less (in general) for shipping. Mention you'd rather buy from the manufacture. You'll also get the peace of mind. Just call and ask them for a price match.

I have one as well and have had no issues.

A little off topic but can a shop actually make a hood fit better if there is slight gaps even though its aligned perfect?

A little off topic but can a shop actually make a hood fit better if there is slight gaps even though its aligned perfect?

It all depends on the "gap". Some shops will fiddle with bumper and fender alignment to make a hood "look" like it fits better because the gaps are more evenly displaced throughout the perimeter of the hood. Theres probably other tricks too like shimming bolt holes and such too.

If things are really extreme they can cut and patch, but that's a ton of more work.

So yes a shop can make a hood fit better by adjustments. But that's not to say all hoods can be made to look better. There may be an angle that can't be helped.

Back