• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need to make my car louder!

The only exhaust i have heard that is louder at wot, quiet at cruise, and DOES NOT DRONE is the Fujitsubo. Apparently the ARC Ti is similar but I have never heard it in person. All other aftermarket mufflers for the NSX have this annoying hollow drone between 2000 and 3000 rpm on part throttle and lift off. Even the CT. It drives me nuts on the highway, which is why I have OEM.

is that the ct gen 1 or 2,because i have thought about the 2,but that would drive me crazy,too.

I have driven a Gen 1 and it droned. Never heard the Gen 2. Drone in the NSX (for me, anyway) is a hollow-boomy resonance that occurs between 2,000 and 3,000 rpm depending on exhaust layout. It is most apparent when you lift off the throttle or are at part throttle. Depending on the layout and muffler, some are better than others. The CT and Tubi have the least amount of drone. The RM/B&B is not bad either. The GTLW, Magnaflow and others are terrible. For track or weekend cars, this is relatively meaningless. For daily drivers like me- most of my driving is around 3,000 rpm so I have to live with the drone. I hate it. Consequently, I am back to a factory NA1 muffler, which sucks because I have headers. The only exhaust I have seen and heard that is designed with a daily driver in mind is the Fujistsubo SuperEx Ti. Fujitsubo specifically designed it to replicate the quiet sound of the NSX at idle and cruise, with a sporty roar at WOT and high rpm. Also, they built in some backpressure at low flow/rpm to give you that nice throttle response off the line. In short, they are the only ones who designed it like an OEM company would. It lives up to the hype, as it is smooth and quiet with no drone at all, but sounds incredible when you hit the gas. It also costs $4,000 and you have to wait 6 months to get it from Japan. :( Hence, I have a factory muffler.

I am working with a local race shop to develop a system for my car using the Dynomax VT muffler. It should replicate the properties of the Fujitsubo and only weigh about 25 lbs. Hoping to keep total cost below $500. Depending on time and availability, I may have it done by the spring. I'll post updates if so.

The only exhaust i have heard that is louder at wot, quiet at cruise, and DOES NOT DRONE is the Fujitsubo. Apparently the ARC Ti is similar but I have never heard it in person. All other aftermarket mufflers for the NSX have this annoying hollow drone between 2000 and 3000 rpm on part throttle and lift off. Even the CT. It drives me nuts on the highway, which is why I have OEM.

I don't think my Taitec GT-102 Inconel is like that at 2k-3k, but I'll check it after work tonight on my way home.
It definitely doesn't drone at all like the GTLW, but it does have a slight bit of farty noises if you bog it down from a stop though (700-1500 rpm).
It's also super quiet at cruise, does get louder at WOT but probably not loud enough for most. If the stock NSX muffler is a 4 in WOT sound, then the 1st Gen Comptech is a 4.5 and the GT-102 is a 5.5. GTLW would be a 7.5 to 8 in my book at WOT.

Just drove it last night. The Taitec GT-102 definitely does NOT have any drone at 2k-3k. In fact you can barely hear it at those RPMs. Also note that I do have the OEM cats in place, so that may make a difference.

I have the GTLW and do not have any drone. The car is pretty quiet at those rpm's but like others have said it all depends on what has been done to the car. Going with the RDX injectors has made a world of difference in the low to mid range driving requiring less throttle to cruise which I suspect is why I do not have a drone with the exhaust.

Back