• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Indoor Kart circuit in San Diego CA

New Indoor Go-Kart circuit in San Diego

http://www.k1speed.com/

"We are the largest indoor karting facility on the west coast with a 75,000ft building.
We have a 60,000ft of track area giving you
600m /2000ft long of pure racing. Professionally designed and made of asphalt to keep the same feeling and performance as an outdoor track.

Our Italian electric Pro Karts are the best available in the world with 20 HP Instead of 6.5HP or 9HP like gas operated karts which makes them much faster, with better handling and of course no smog, grease, or gas smell. They are fully computerized for best safety they also have a roll hoop, racing harness, and even a reverse position if you get stuck. "

Sounds a lot better than Miramar Speed Circuit, we should check it out

cool!

Oooooh, I heard about one opening here (carlsbad) in the next year, but wow, this was quick!

I think I know where I'm having lunch Wednesday. :D

Anyone care to join me for the 'research'?

Good find. It's never a bad thing to have choices. :)

Troy, let us know what you find out during your lunchtime research trip. If it makes for a better NSX gathering (like wide open parking or better dining arrangements), maybe we should change the August 15 karting event.

I just noticed this while reading the website:
" Our Italian electric Pro Karts are the best available in the world with 20 HP Instead of 6.5HP or 9HP like gas operated karts which makes them much faster, with better handling and of course no smog, grease, or gas smell."

Hmmm, electric powered. I wonder what that's like. Has anyone here ever driven an electric kart? Makes it seem almost like a huge electric R/C track. :)

Spamming sucks!

Just went through my email program and noticed I got spammed by k1speed.com with a message announcing the grand opening. Not sure what list they may have got my email address from, but that's not all that cool in my book.

FuryNSX said:
Good find. It's never a bad thing to have choices. :)

Troy, let us know what you find out during your lunchtime research trip. If it makes for a better NSX gathering (like wide open parking or better dining arrangements), maybe we should change the August 15 karting event.

Exactly. I may bring my camera too.

By chance did your spam have a discount coupon attached?? :p

Troy, I'll try to check it out with you...Give ya a call soon...

So what's the scoop on this place???

We work near by and would be happy to join you guys and even bring our cars by -- would be fun. I've not done it yet, but several of the guys have and said it was a lot of fun.

Z18 said:
We work near by and would be happy to join you guys and even bring our cars by -- would be fun. I've not done it yet, but several of the guys have and said it was a lot of fun.
Cool! I hope you can join us Sunday at 1:00pm.

Here is the latest post-opening North County times article on k1speed.

Going to miss this one -- doing a Palomar run. Will try to make the next one.

Btw, we have been going during lunch due to how close the place is to work (like 5 minutes).

Back