• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New word on next NSX...

<embed src="http://www.fastlanedaily.com/embed/player" width="450" height="388" allowScriptAccess="always" FlashVars="video_file=http://www.fastlanedaily.com/embed/play/fld_20080418" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed>

Corvette???

So, Honda's building a car that looks like the Corvette, only one that's going to cost twice as much. Way to go, Honda........stepping into an already saturated market with nothing new or exciting (front engined, rear/all wheel drive....yawn), and aiming to impress people with a $120,000 Corvette? People who spend that kind of money on a car are going to want something different and special. I guess Honda doesn't get that.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Senna and Soichiro are rolling in their graves right now. Honda had the market niche with the only Japanese mid-engined supercar, and they could have easily continued the lineage of the NSX while separating themselves from Lexus/Toyota, Infiniti/Nissan, and now the Corvette. It makes so much sense to me, what the hell is Honda thinking? Instead, they've disappointed in so many ways that they look like the laughing stock of the automotive industry right now.

Undermarketed their halo car, the NSX.....................................................................check
Produced the NSX for too long without any major updates and let everyone catch up.........check
Announced a replacement for the NSX, and pushed the timeline back several times...........check
Delaying the project several times, getting passed up by all their competitors..................check
Hired a design team that would make great Pontiacs....................................................check
Decided on a FR setup that isn't anything like the NSX..................................................check
Ordered a redesign of the car (good), but still marketing the new beast as the new NSX....check
Have they done a single thing right since the late 1990s with regards to the NSX and their halo sports car program?

As for me, if I ever replace the NSX with a new car, I'm leaning more and more toward the R8

Last edited:
As for me, if I ever replace the NSX with a new car, I'm leaning more and more toward the R8

OK, Chuck. I'm coming down to ABQ and let's go get a good deal on 2 R8s!!! Just kidding, but I agree with your post completely. Next thing you hear, they'll be targeting the Pontiac Solstice with the new S2000. :smile:

Back