• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nissan dealer visit W Sub DTW

Took NSX to pick up 96 300ZX getting serviced (water pump, timing belt, hoses, belts, misc. clean-up) this afternoon as it was a beauty here in Motor City. Service manager (fairly new Nissan dealer, Canton Twp) treated me well.
$1097 and change later :eek: (yea, I know....just throw money at it and "get-er-done" !), I toddled out to find entire sales staff, incl sales mgr, out front checking the NSX out. Guess I found that rewarding. :wink:
Sure hope the sled (300ZX, that is) runs better now. It is crude after driving the NSX, but it is still decent and lots of fun to toss around corners. :biggrin: There's not many of them left here anymore as survivors.

$1097? I don't think that sounds too bad. I owned a '90 300ZX from 1993-2003. I wish I saved my excel sheet with all my service records. You can't believe how much I spent to keep it in top condition. My biggest bill was the t-belt and also when my cam gears had to be replaced.

You are lucky if your satisfied with the service at your Nissan dealership. The Nissan dealership network is not that great in the Chicagoland area. I once got my JDM clear front signals stolen off my Z while it was there overnight....and this is the same dealership I had spent at least $7,000-$8,000 in service in my 11 year ownership! :eek:

alum04org said:
Took NSX to pick up 96 300ZX getting serviced (water pump, timing belt, hoses, belts, misc. clean-up) this afternoon as it was a beauty here in Motor City. Service manager (fairly new Nissan dealer, Canton Twp) treated me well.
$1097 and change later :eek: (yea, I know....just throw money at it and "get-er-done" !), I toddled out to find entire sales staff, incl sales mgr, out front checking the NSX out. Guess I found that rewarding. :wink:
Sure hope the sled (300ZX, that is) runs better now. It is crude after driving the NSX, but it is still decent and lots of fun to toss around corners. :biggrin: There's not many of them left here anymore as survivors.

Yours let you off easy. I ended up paying almost as much for the repairs on my last TT ( 94 ) as I did for the car.

Neal, a friend sent this to me as he knows I'm casually looking for a commuter car.

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/4944256268.html

I did a few mental gyrations, imaginations, and partial justification exercises during lunch, but then I read this one to remind me how expensive it was to keep my 91 300ZX running:

$1097? I don't think that sounds too bad. I owned a '90 300ZX from 1993-2003. I wish I saved my excel sheet with all my service records. You can't believe how much I spent to keep it in top condition. My biggest bill was the t-belt and also when my cam gears had to be replaced.

I think I calculated that it cost me $350/month for 2 years total, from buying, maintaining/fixing, then selling mine...from 78,000 miles to 125,000... It was not a cheap used car to own, but I enjoyed every minute of it. Right up until the 3rd time it left me stranded, after which it had to go bye bye. How's your Z doing?

HI Yinz and hope you are doing well.

Funny you should ask, because right now I am down at Source 1 in Cincinnati, OH, having TB/WP etc completed on my Imola. Justin here is pretty amazing to watch and learn from :smile: More on that later.....

Sold the black 1996 300ZX 2+2 two summers ago to a young man attending Michigan State University. He lived in Canton Township. It made him very happy and I am glad for that. Maybe I'll see it this summer!

I also had a silver 91 300ZX TT in the 90's and remember thinking it cost a fortune to maintain. It was a great car to drive, though.

Back