• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX chasing 911's and a GT3RS at Laguna Seca

This is some in car footage of my '91 NSX at Laguna Seca. It's pretty impressive what the car can still dol in relationship to all of the modern sports cars. It has a bone stock motor with 115,000 miles, header, stock exhaust, non compliance bushings/beam/front clamp, Brembo's on front & stock calipers on rear, PFC01 pads on front and XP10 pads on rear, Nitto NT01 tires with about 25 full sessions on them in this video. Best lap time was 1:40.24

(The beeping sound is an alarm I have that alerts me 500 RPM before redline so I never hit the rev limiter).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH6Baye-fuk&feature=plcp

Last edited:
Nice. Your tires spent some time in the dirt in the first minute or so. To me, that's the scariest thing is when I'm tracking out and I run out of track. Makes me pucker up while I work to get it safely back on track. Looks like you didn't have any issues though. Also, isn't it annoying when a guy points you by, but doesn't let up on the gas, as if you had 1,000 hp on tap to pass him.

Hey Ryan,

Nice driving, was that video taken on Saturday or Sunday? I don't recall seeing the White 991 on Sunday on your run group during the morning.

That 991 driver seemed like the typical jackass driver that you encounter at track days they have more HP yet when they point people by they don't even bother to lift a bit to help lower HP cars make the pass. Funny thing is that the electronics on the 991 were keeping the car from getting completely bent out of shape while going down the corkscrew. On the NSX it is just the driver to vehicle interface, gas, steering wheel and brakes no fancy things like traction control/yaw control to cover up driver errors

Did you mean to write 1:40 instead of 1:30 for the laptime? Maybe you were thinking about the challenge that was going on between the Viper and the GT3RS 4.0 when you wrote 1:30 :D

BTW: There is an interesting thread over at rennlist regarding a GT3RS 4.0 challenge that Jesse started last month, worth a read if you have the time.

Nice vid great driving !

nice aggressive hpde! .....and your not afraid to show you care about the cars appearence, and paint quality with those side mirror socks :tongue:

Awesome vid!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Hey Ryan,

Nice driving, was that video taken on Saturday or Sunday? I don't recall seeing the White 991 on Sunday on your run group during the morning.

That 991 driver seemed like the typical jackass driver that you encounter at track days they have more HP yet when they point people by they don't even bother to lift a bit to help lower HP cars make the pass. Funny thing is that the electronics on the 991 were keeping the car from getting completely bent out of shape while going down the corkscrew. On the NSX it is just the driver to vehicle interface, gas, steering wheel and brakes no fancy things like traction control/yaw control to cover up driver errors

Did you mean to write 1:40 instead of 1:30 for the laptime? Maybe you were thinking about the challenge that was going on between the Viper and the GT3RS 4.0 when you wrote 1:30 :D

BTW: There is an interesting thread over at rennlist regarding a GT3RS 4.0 challenge that Jesse started last month, worth a read if you have the time.

Ken - Oops... I did mean 1:40.24. Thanks! (I just edited my post) Yes, it is frustrating when cars with more power but slower lap times won't let you by on the straights. I had to spend quite a bit of time on peoples bumpers that day so they would eventually let me by. Not the safest way to spend the day. That video was on Sunday.

Awesome driving!!! Alot to do with the driver though. If you drive that RS you'd be much faster than your nsx I would think!

I agree. I would love to drive the RS or at least an NSX with another 100 horsepower on top of my measly 266hp to the wheels. Ha.

Do you ever think about your temps Ryan or is your oil cooler enough? I really like your setup.

Yes I do think about my temps. I bought the car with 40k miles and I've babied it ever since (even on the track sort of speak). I have an upgraded dual pass radiator, Accusump and external oil cooler in the right side vent area. This keeps my temps generally below 210-220. I watch my temps and oil pressure every lap and I never hit the redline. I change my synthetic oil after every single track weekend with Mobil 1. I focus on very smooth heal toe downshifts. All of this is to keep my motor and drivetrain very happy and healthy in hopes of getting many more years of happy motoring out of the car.

Nice driving!

What transmission do you have? Seems like JDM gears, what R&P?

great driving. what's up with the guys giving a point by and then not slowing down enough to let you pass? also, the white 991 was all over the place. thank god for PSM.

Nice driving!

What transmission do you have? Seems like JDM gears, what R&P?

I'm running the Type R short gears and final drive with stock clutch. This really helps on low speed corners like turn 2 and turn 11.

I'm running the Type R short gears and final drive with stock clutch. This really helps on low speed corners like turn 2 and turn 11.

Yeah... I thought so... I have the JDM gears and Comptech's 4:55 R&P -- perfect for Laguna!

Back