• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX glass the new unobtainium

Hi,

I own a 1991 NSX since new. The LT driver side window was broken. I have called glass companies and they have discontinued aftermarket replacements. I'm have a lot of trouble finding a replacement. At this point I'm willing to get a used glass.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan
South Carolina

Welcome Ryan,

A deer hit our Odyssey minivan back in 11/2022 and due to supply chain issues it's just now in the shop for repairs!
They said the part that took the longest to source was the windshield.
I wish I was the bearer of better news o_O
At this point I would certainly consider a used side window...

Why not call the insurance company, submit a claim, and have them find a source for it?

Hi,

I own a 1991 NSX since new. The LT driver side window was broken. I have called glass companies and they have discontinued aftermarket replacements. I'm have a lot of trouble finding a replacement. At this point I'm willing to get a used glass.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan
South Carolina
Christian at ATR Parts may be able to get you a replacement.

I have an 91 OEM factory drivers glass window I replaced it as the bottom was broken which was common at the time with another OEM glass but now there are 3d printers that print out the replacement block at the bottom, as the secondary glass companies are garbage. Let me know ..cheers

Back