• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX is top 10 fastest cars for 2003

Also, the car they've got for the Porsche GT2, is not. They've used either a '02 or '03 C2. Sloppy journalism!!
mad.gif

Regards.

[This message has been edited by NSXaholic (edited 01 February 2003).]

The NSX was introduced worldwide in late summer 1990. In the United States, it was designated as a 1991 model. Subtract either number from 2003, and it's more than ten...

that journalist would make a bad accountant... but "a true survivor" is nice compliment.

Wait till the NSX-R hits the US... we'll see how "old" the NSX is.
wink.gif

Originally posted by BostonNSX:
I think he mean 10 yrs out of the top ten list. not 12 yrs after production.

Not true. "Out of the gate" is a common English expression that (I believe) derives from the starting gate used in horse racing. It refers to ten years from the starting point.

Originally posted by SpankyPop:
It looks better than the Enzo...by far.

I was kinda perusing the site...and it turns out my 'tegra is a chick magnet. Maybe my magnet is broken or something?
rolleyes.gif

If it has the [H] or [A] logo on the hood and rear, that means ur chick-magnet is functional.

ur comments about the enzo; yeah, i think overall it's ugly, but if u watch the TopGear review, Tiff says in real life it looks stunning. Maybe it just isn't a photogenic car?

Originally posted by NeoNSX:
ur comments about the enzo; yeah, i think overall it's ugly, but if u watch the TopGear review, Tiff says in real life it looks stunning. Maybe it just isn't a photogenic car?

Its just as ugly in person from most angles as it is in the photos. I saw it from the front, rear, and side with some interior peeking at the LA Auto Show and much more vocal appreciation was heard for the 575 and the 360's that were there by far.

The interior of the Enzo is very very well done though, especially with black interior contrasted with the yellow exterior.

Sunny

They have some facts wrong....ZO6 Vet is not a 185 MPH top end car. Try 168 due to the gearing. This is the only way to get the ZO6 in the mid 4 second 0-60 or so they (Chevy) claim. I have been looking around for one in Nashville to pick on with my 02 NSX.
They are also wrong about the Viper it is a 180MPH car this year.
This info was from Road & Track a few months back.
I do not know were AOL car guide got their MPH numbers from. If you click on the link for specs you will see no data for top end.

Originally posted by AJKS:
They have some facts wrong....

Top speed figures provided by generic press sources such as this one are usually quoted directly from the manufacturer, who is often conservative in this regard. Only the auto magazines actually go out and test top speed. (It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it.)

I'm not saying you're wrong - you're right - but just pointing out that they're probably just repeating the information given to them.

Originally posted by JaguarXJ6:
I saw it from the front, rear, and side with some interior peeking at the LA Auto Show and much more vocal appreciation was heard for the 575 and the 360's that were there by far.

Sunny
That's kinda funny because I was there at the show and overheard the same reactions you've mentioned about the 575 and 360 from other show attendees.
Also, I believe the blue Ferrari featured at the show was NOT a 575 but instead it was the F456, if I'm not mistaken. Awsome looking car nevertheless.

Originally posted by JaguarXJ6:
Its just as ugly in person from most angles as it is in the photos. I saw it from the front, rear, and side with some interior peeking at the LA Auto Show and much more vocal appreciation was heard for the 575 and the 360's that were there by far.

nice to hear another person's honest opinion. i think the Enzo designers were trying to head for a new direction or break the 'supercar' mold. i think the front is particularly ugly; too complex. Simplicity is beauty in itself.

i like the 575, but have never been able to look past that front air-intake... i dont like that bit.
frown.gif

I was in Europe about a month ago and when I was there, I was watching BBC's 'Top Gear'. Just another car show if you are not familar with it. The opening was of the 2003 NSX (possibly a 2002 but same car) and it ranked in the top 5 for 'Their' test track. The best part about it was they didnt say anything neg. about the car at all but rather praised it. FYI, the track was very wet so they subtracted like 3-4 seconds which made it one of the fastest cars they have tested. Will look for the link if there is one. Not bad for the X!

It was discussed here earlier. Sorry for the recount but pretty close.
http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/007174.html

------------------
8k RPM in a recliner!

[This message has been edited by UrbanPilot (edited 08 February 2003).]

The part about the Enzo I do not like are all the unnatrual bulges around. I understand that they are all functional, but man the car dosen't seem to flow right. They panels come in at odd angles and I think it just looks funky. I could certainly understand how it might look better in person, however.

The mclaren is the niest looking car I know of. Its so smooth and sleek, with a 240 MPH top speed....wheee.

Back