• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Storage in Midwest until NSXPO

I am flying to Peoria, IL to pick up my newest NSX next week. Instead of driving it back to California immediately, I've thought about leaving it Chicago or Milwaukee in storage until NSXPO (7 weeks away).

My questions for the Midwest folks:

1) What are some short-term vehicle storage options in the Chicago or Milwaukee area?
2) The seller is transferring his NSX IL license plates to his new car. If I leave the NSX in the Midwest, is there a temporary permit/plate that I can apply for? (CA requires a visual vehicle inspection for smog/title registration so I cannot apply for a CA plate until the car is back in CA).

Thanks,
Telly
91 NSX (old fart)
92 NSX (newest family member!)

[This message has been edited by Telly Chang (edited 27 August 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Telly Chang (edited 27 August 2001).]

What are some short-term vehicle storage options in the Chicago or Milwaukee area?

Contact Steve Jenkins at [email protected] He's an NSX owner on the NSXPO 2001 planning committee. He sells cars at The Last Detail in North Chicago, an establishment that specializes in body repair, detailing, and short- and long-term storage.

The seller is transferring his NSX IL license plates to his new car. If I leave the NSX in the Midwest, is there a temporary permit/plate that I can apply for?

I don't know. You'll want to contact the Vehicle Services Division of the Illinois Secretary of State's office, the state government department that handles registration and such. They have a website and a toll-free telephone number, 800-252-8980.

See you in Wisconsin!

Back