• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

October Track Event over half full already

10/28/06 Track Event ANNOUNCEMENT - JUST 9 weeks to go!​

Our premier track event of the year is always when we can book the full 3.5+mile configuration at Spring Mountain Motorsports Park near scenic Las Vegas, and we have lucked out again!

THE COURSE:

As most of you track junkies know, the track management over at Spring Mountain has been spending like George W. on all sorts of lavish amenities and most of them are getting done so we get the longest version of the track possible for our next event!!!!

3.5+ miles, with like a million turns (ok - just 18-20 depending upon how you count them) and elevation changes all over the place. The two straights allow for 120-30mph in a pumped NSX (even more in the FactorX car) - a bit less in a more stock version. Off camber, increasing and decreasing radius turns will challenge your skills to the max!

map-3.5-mile-track-2006.tiny.jpg

(bigger pic on the track event page)

GROUP SCHEDULE:

Since we are all veterans of the track wars we know how to play safely - right? :cool:

Good.

Then we will have two groups this time, "Balls to the Wall" and "Wallflowers"

Just kidding. As usual we will have "A Group" for the more advanced/faster drivers, and "B Group" for the more sane drivers.

The track sessions start at 9:00am and you will get SEVEN 30 minute sessions over the course of the day - more behind the wheel time than any other club or organization can offer anywhere near this price point at a track of this caliber - even the subsidized ones. :biggrin:

SAFETY:

Even with our bargain rates, safety is first on the list. (ok, well maybe it is 2nd after "fun")

Group sizes will be limited to just cover costs so as to have the minimum # of cars out there to pay the bill so you will have plenty of elbow room.

Flag people will be everywhere, or as everywhere as they think they need to be. This will be a "new" course for most of you even if you have been on the old 2.2 mile or "new" 1.5 mile courses, so expect to be expected to drive "prudently" so as to not be crowned the spin king. Spinning will be a very bad idea as since the course is so long, it will take FOREVER to clear the track and clean it up etc and restart that session. Don't be the one that blows it for the rest of us - you may be left staked out in the desert for the ants to clean up.

All turns have ample runoff if you do make a mistake as this is a school track.

Of course we will have an ambulance on site in case anyone does something really dumb, but in our 13 previous events, they have never once been woken up from their naps. (thank you)

FEES:

The fee for the full day will be just $175.00, and at that number we need ~59 bodies to cover the bills = only ~30 cars per run group.

That covers:
  1. your event entry fee
  2. the tracks "head fee" for the driver - you pay an additional $5 each for any groupies you bring along.
  3. a raffle ticket for the Race Jack
  4. drinks

As of today we have 36 early birds that like to plan ahead officially signed up - can you come out and play? (better clear it with the "SO" right now!)

Goodies:

As usual, we will have a Litening Race jack raffled off at some point in the AM.
Drinks (stay hydrated) will be in the back of our race truck - fee free to help yourself - you paid for them.

THE CURRENT PLAYERS:

NSX's:
  • Mark Johnson: BOOSTZILLA SC TEST CAR
  • Mark Johnson: BOOSTZILLA Turbo TEST CAR
  • Greg Hardee: BOOSTZILLA Test Driver
  • Martin Högberg: BOOSTZILLA Test Driver
  • Tony Zito: NSX
  • Brent Rambo: GruppeM NSX
  • Mark Allan: Not Quite RealTime NSX
  • Apex Allan: Not Quite RealTime NSX
  • Alex Vizcarra: GruppeM Race NSX
  • Kris Mills: NSX
  • Chris Wong: NSX
  • Ron Papiska: NSX
  • Ryan Rush: NSX
  • Lance Davis: CSI NSX
  • Cliff Bourland: NSX
  • Your Name Here!

ITR's:
  • Your Name Here!

S2000's:
  • Justin Lim: S2000
  • Your Name Here!

RX's:
  • Brian Dawson: RX-7 2d gen
  • Your Name Here!

Cars that start with "P":
  • Your Name Here!

Bimmers:
  • Mark Livesay: MCoupe
  • David Stein: M3
  • Your Name Here!

4WD's and Misc HOT WHEELS:
  • Tino Stramotas: GALLARDO
  • Dr. Bob Shillman: T-REX, SPEC Miata
  • Miguel aka EVOMAN: Blown EVO8
  • Scott Guyett: 2003 Evo
  • Karl Murrah: Viper GTS
  • Eric Bauer: Audi S4
  • John Stramotas: 350Z
  • John Mets: Turbo Civic
  • Jeffro Oleksow: Civic Turbo
  • Mark Mozaffarian: Uncivil Civic
  • Jeffrey HoSee: Race Civic
  • Rick Burdette: Civic
  • Kam Urquhart: BALLS Challenge Honda CRX HF
  • Mark Herron: GTi
  • Nicholas Lechnowskyj: GSR
  • Gary O 2: MR2
  • Jp cleary: Mini Cooper S
  • Ed Collins: Corvette
  • Your Name Here!

Groupies:
  • Your Name Here!

TOTAL RACERS: 36 signed up even before I posted it here - amazing. :biggrin:

Full event info is posted here.

Feel free to e-mail me to ask any questions that you might have that you don't see answered on that info page.

As usual - we all have too much to do, and too little time to do it in and time flies when you are on the run! (or parked on the couch watching F1 races) so sign up today! The total # of cars allowed will be limited to the first 59 paid entries - don't be left out due to procrastinating your opportunity away.

Don't miss this one - we don't get the full track again until fall 2007.

Last edited:
TMiller said:
Hello, I'm in. Please call me if you need anything. Cell 951-538-5016.

Thanks for getting program together!

Hi T -

All attendees must sign up, (see event info links above) the first 59 paid entries will be allowed in, after that the event will be closed.

NSXGOD said:
Make that 56 = 3 spots left.

:biggrin:

Don't be left standing at the gate watching everyone else having fun.

THE EVENT IS NOW OVERSUBSCRIBED. I WILL BE MAKING A WAITING LIST IN CASE ANYONE CURRENTLY ON THE LIST CANCELS OR DOES NOT PAY THE FEE.

NSXGOD said:
THE EVENT IS NOW OVERSUBSCRIBED. I WILL BE MAKING A WAITING LIST IN CASE ANYONE CURRENTLY ON THE LIST CANCELS OR DOES NOT PAY THE FEE.

Please read all the way to the end.

An amazing thing has happened, the event participant list is full and I already have 6 people on the waiting list as of today. (this applies only to the # of cars on the track, you drivers can bring as many groupies as you want too - just remember the track requires them to pay $5.00/each for the toilet paper fund.) The same applies to cars or people that just want to "hang" with the gang.

We (as in me and myself) want to be thinking of other things besides this in the coming weeks (like getting my cars ready) so I need to make sure that everyone that is on the list is for real and not just a wannabee as soon as possible.

Please take a moment if you have not done so yet to "officially" sign up for the event HERE.

and then send it your $* - at some point in September I will start putting the wait list guys on the list and bumping those of you that have not paid.

If you have not done those two things you are not officially signed up.

*about sending in the $ -

I know that some of you like to procrastinate until the last minute and "pay at the track" if you finally get it together and actually make it - however the event organizers (ie me) don't like that for 2 reasons:

1) if you flake and don't show, since this is a not for profit venture and the #'s are not padded, I take it in the A$$.
2) someone that really wanted to come and was prepared to come did not get too.

Groups:

75% of the signed up people are claiming that they are A group material. Since we cannot have 45 cars in one group and 15 in the other, we are going to have to split the groups up to be approximately even in number. What I propose is that we try and split up along the lines of lap times.

For those of you that have been there before on either the "old" 2.2 mile track or the 1.5 mile new track and know your times (I know you do) and have had times of 1:58 min old track/1:30 new track or LESS = A; everyone else in B. Some of you that are splitting cars and running in both groups anyway are not affected.

So please LMK what your times are.

If it turns out that you are all faster than a speeding bullet, then we will just have A and A- groups this time and I'll equalize the numbers by flipping a coin. BOTH Groups will have the same passing rules - ie passing by point by and there will be 4 passing zones so there should be no reason for anyone to pass unsafely or be discourteous to your fellow drivers just to get around someone who has mysteriously lost the ability to look in the rearview mirror.. I will give you all a lecture about this at the drivers meeting.

Thanks for your support!!!!

Hotel info Monday.

---

A note for FI cars tuned for sea level:
Elevation in Pahrump ranges from 2,550 to 2,750 feet above sea level.
you might want to consider that if your ECU is not adaptive.

Back