• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Oil pressure concerns, other stuff

Looking at a 1991 160k CTSC car, no extra gauges installed, AEM.

Concerns:
1) TCS and anti-lock warning lights on
2) amps only reads 12 - charging circuit of bad battery?
3) oil pressure reads not much at all at idle when warmed up, "4" at 5k rpm under load.

r.e. #3 , does 4 on the gauge indicate 40psi? What are the odds that this is a bad gauge or sender? Wiki indicates thisu could actually be OK if the gauge is accurate. My 99 hits a "6" at high RPMs,2 at idle

I am new to the SC and AEM world, can I get a tuner to hook up to the AEM to get more info on the state of the internals and tune?

Been reading up on this but info scattered all over the place and hard to pin things down.

Thanks in advance!

1. Sounds like you have a wheel speed sensor that is not working. Jump the test connector and get the flashing code.
2. To be sure, check voltage across the battery terminals with a digital meter with engine off, then engine running. Whatever the battery voltage is off, you should get about 1.5 volts higher when the alternator is working
3. 4 = 4 bar so a little over 58 PSI. 1 bar = 14.7 PSI

HTH,
LarryB

Last edited:
Thanks Larry, hopefully will get my hands on the car tomorrow morning. Will post back.

#2 turned out to be a bad battery

#1 is apparently down to the car having the AEM. Still digging into this.

Thanks for the help Larry.

Back