• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

One man's dream.

Here is my dream for the new NSX. I would like to see Honda/Acura finally make an Ayrton Senna edition.
There would be 9 cars in total. 3 for each championship and 6 for his victories at Monaco.

This is how I envision the cars. These would represent the colors of Ayrton’s helmet

1.Red and white color scheme (represent the colors of the Monaco Flag) (Serial # M1001987)
2.Yellow (# M2001989)
3.Green (#M3001990)
4.Yellow (# M4001991)
5.Blue (# M5001992)
6.Yellow (# M6001993)

The last three would be Championship white Type-R’s to commemorate Senna’s three championships.

7.Championship White (# AS10088)
8.Championship White (# AS20090)
9.Championship White (# AS30091)

Each vehicle would come with a special presentation package that would include special key fob, a replica helmet and a Grand Prix poster of the event in which they were won (Monaco/Suzuka). A DVD of the cars in production, as well as a copy of the full race that represents the car. The cars would all have special Senna badging as well as the Senna logo on the startup screen.

The vehicles Premium Price over and above MSRP would be donated to the Ayrton Senna Foundation in the purchasers’ name.

Just one man’s dream. Come on Honda step up!

Last edited:
Interesting. I can see Honda doing something like this but maybe memorializing his wins at Suzuka and a hefty payment to Senna's foundation.

Nice thought!

Great idea. Now I'm going to start saving even harder for this ideal dream car. Hope I don't have to wait too long to get a gen 2

Great idea, but I think that ship has sailed...they should have done this with Gen 1. back in 97-2001. Looking forward, if they do well in the up coming F1 season and start winning races, then we can look for an Alonso edition, they dont have to win the WC, just races, this would be a great marketing strategy on Honda part.

Love the idea though...

Bram

Great idea, but I think that ship has sailed...they should have done this with Gen 1. back in 97-2001. Looking forward, if they do well in the up coming F1 season and start winning races, then we can look for an Alonso edition, they dont have to win the WC, just races, this would be a great marketing strategy on Honda part.

Love the idea though...Bram

In general, I agree with your opinion, but Ford still has a "Shelby" even after the man is no longer with us. And for many years he just provided his name without any direct product input. I guess you could argue that the Shelby is a continuation model whereas the Senna NSX would be a "new" model.

Back