• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pride V.2 Exhaust review: Summer of 2011

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>When I was looking for an exhaust system for my stock 91 NSX I had the following requirements / specs in mind:
1 – Absolutely no rasp
2 – The fit must be great, the exhaust should appear stock
3 – The exhaust must enhance the sound of the already great sounding NSX motor
4 – Weight savings was not a huge consideration
<o:p> </o:p>

After much reading and YouTube video watching, I decided to contact Mark at Pride for some information on the Pride V.2 system. I had read some positive reviews here on Prime already but had a few specific questions about the product. I believe I sent my initial query to Mark at Pride ([email protected]) on a Saturday and he actually called me on my cell phone on Sunday. He was able to answer all of my questions regarding fitment and sound over the phone as well as provide a shipping quote shortly after. I was assured by Mark that the system generates no rasp on a stock car so I sent him the funds via PayPal.

I had expressed concern to Mark that UPS would charge a ridiculous and expensive brokerage fee for shipping to Canada and he upgraded the shipping to Fedex (which I’ve never had a problem with brokerage in the past) at his own expense. Unfortunately though, I did later receive an invoice from Fedex for the brokerage fees (about $78). Thanks anyways Mark!

As I’m waiting for the V.2 to come in the mail, I remember that the car the exhaust is going on has an exhaust system from a 1997 NSX, from the headers back. Mark explained the difference between the two systems and recommended that I use the adapters that he supplies to some of his customers. I order the adapters however Canada is in the middle of a postal strike :(. After some waiting, I contact Mark and request that he ships ANOTHER set of adapters via Fedex and he even agrees to take my first order back once I receive it and give me a full refund!

The exhaust has completely changed the character of the car for the better.

Sound: As you accelerate, the sound changes from a deep low sound to a nice aggressive higher pitch. By the time you’re past 5000 RPM the exhaust is just screaming.

Drone: On my setup (stock 91 5 spd with 97+ headers/cats) there is only drone at 2200 RPM when the engine is under significant load. For example, the drone is imperceptible when accelerating through the gears or driving around town. The only time I really notice it is when I’m driving up a slight incline on the highway in 4<SUP>th</SUP> or 5<SUP>th</SUP> gear with the engine sitting at around 2200 RPM.

Fitment: The exhaust fits perfectly. With of bit of manipulating and grease on the rubber exhaust hanger bushings it went in in about 15 minutes in my driveway. I spent longer taking the factory system off. The tips line up very nicely with the exhaust cut-outs in the rear facia and both tips protrude at the same angle and the same distance. The one thing I did notice is that the holes in the bottom of the tips were clocked slightly off centre to the right. It’s not something that bothers me and it can’t be more than a quarter inch of rotation if that. In fact, nobody that’s seen the system on the car has even noticed.

Quality: The welds and pipe all appear to be top notch. For something that is welded / cut and ground into shape, I don’t know how the Pride V2 looks so clean. There are no scratches on the piping and it looks like it’s been buffed to a mirror finish.

I would definitely do business with Mark and Pride again, quality of his product and level of service is something not often seen in today’s marketplace. Thanks again Mark, you’ve created a superior product at a great price. I’ll be trying your next system out for sure!

Last edited:
I’ll be trying your next system out for sure!

Is there a pride v3 coming out soon?

I really want the v2, but I need to hear it in person. How bad is the drone? Are you going to find ways to eliminate it?

Is there a pride v3 coming out soon?

I really want the v2, but I need to hear it in person. How bad is the drone? Are you going to find ways to eliminate it?

No version 3 are planned at all, only our Pride V1 Dual, Pride V2 Dual, & Pride V2 Quad tips exhausts only. Pride headers for the 91-94 coming soon.

Where are you located at?

The drone is not bad at all, only on the low RPM during acceleration around 2500-2900 RPM. If you're cruising on the highway you will not hear it. Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.

Mark @ PRIDE

Mark is an awesome person to do business with. Very honest guy. The Pride V.2 is an amazing sounding exhaust. Drone is not noticible. I would highly recommend this exhaust.

I am yet to detect any drone on my Pride V.2 (05 NSX).

I have had the exhaust for three months now and love it!

I really like how you can see the brightly polished exhaust through the rear exhuast valance!

i can't say enough how much i love this exhaust. (with headers) went to a track day full of porsche's and they actually thought i had a Ferrari when they heard me fly down the front straight. lol.

This exhaust totally transforms the car and driving experience. I have the V2 with CT headers and non resonated test pipes and it screams LOUD. Some people (mostly women) cover their ears and roll up their windows when you're within 2 blocks of them. And best of all, drone is almost non existent. Top notch exhaust and customer service.

Back