• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Replacement transistor for blower motor

In case any of you ever have to replace the power transistor assembly for the AC/heater blower motor and don't want to spend $230(discounted price) on one from Acura I found an alternative.

The transistor itself is held onto the heat sink with 2 phillips screws. The part number on the transistor is 2SD1460. That part has been discontinued but an equivalent replacement part is MJ 11016 which can be found at mouser.com for $3.55 each or at digikey for $4.72 each. With tax and shipping that will save you about $220.

<table summary="Cross reference transistor, IC, diodes" width="98%"><tbody><tr><td bgcolor="#DDDDDD">2SD1460

Darlington NPN Silicon + Diode</td><td bgcolor="#DDDDDD">MJ 11016
</td><td bgcolor="#DDDDDD">100V, 30A, 200W, B=4000</td><td bgcolor="#DDDDDD">
123.gif
</td></tr></tbody></table>

nice find

gonna save this thread maybe you should post it in the WIKI section for others

good work

The part of the assy that fails is not the transistor, its a thermal fuse built into the assy. If the fuse goes then more then likelly the blower motor is bad.

That being said, 98% of the time a blower speed control issue is a CCU problem.

Bugger, and here I thought the transistor was the part that goes bad. Oh well.

I rebuilt my ccu a few months ago and it worked fine until last week. Now it will only work with the fan on high(I assume this bypasses the transistor) so I thought that might be the problem.

Guess I will pull the ccu out again and check for cold solder joints or a bad new cap. I'll start with the ones that fail the most c44, c32? and c11.

Last edited:
Back