• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Science of Speed 02+ OEM Wheel set

Received my set of SOS 17/18 OEM wheels in the mail earlier this week. Here's a pic of the 18" wheel (I ordered the 17/18 version in BMW Silver finish). Packaging for the wheels that shipped is very well done. Couldn't be happier with the finished product received.

SOS is an outstanding company with excellent products, communication and service. I'm so glad they were able to provide this new product to the NSX community.

A big shout out to Chris and Wade at Science of Speed.

Attachments

• SOS 18 inch OEM wheel.jpg
    SOS 18 inch OEM wheel.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 840
Awesome, so exciting to see the SOS shipments coming in.
Which center cap style did you end up choosing?

Awesome, so exciting to see the SOS shipments coming in.
Which center cap style did you end up choosing?

I already have 02+ factory wheels so I plan to use the same "A" factory badge center caps that came with the car. I'm sort of partial to the "H" badging, but have never gone so far as to change the steering wheel in past NSXs owned, so I may just stick with the "A" badging for the 2004.

The wife prefers the "A" emblem over the "H" emblem, but admits the "A" reminds her of a vagina. LOL (gotta lover her)

...but admits the "A" reminds her of a vagina. LOL (gotta lover her)

Haha, you definitely found a winner. Why take life so seriously? :D

Good point, it would be silly to have A's here and H's there. A little off topic, but have you seen the new-old trend for center caps? Aftermarket companies are copying the Rolls center caps by adding weights and bearings so they stay up right while the wheel is spinning. :rolleyes:

Anyways, how's the color match between the rims and original caps? Hopefully spot on.

I haven't seen the rolling center caps. Reminds me a little of the "spinner rims" back in the day. LOL

I may be a while before I switch out the OEM rims to the SOS rims, and I'll need the OEM rims off to remove the center caps. I'm sure the paint color match is good, knowing how SOS cover the details in all they offer.

Well heck! I have a sale pending on my NSX. The SOS wheels are still in the box and now I plan to sell them. Would be interested in seeing anyone else that received the SOS wheels and installed them.

Looking to get a set currently and they don't have any but plan on making more this year I hope..would for sure like to see more black na1 with them on.

If u plan to sell let me know

I sold my set of SOS wheels about 12 months ago. Now that I have another NSX with mint condition 02 OEM wheels, I'm thinking about storing those wheels (w/ mounted Potenza tires) and replacing with a set of replica O2 OEM wheels. Should have never sold the last set from SOS. Ugh!!

Back