• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SEMA 2009- JDM Chicago Coverage *High res*

JDM Chicago's exclusive coverage of SEMA (Nov 2 Nov 6 2009). Here are some pics of Day -1. Officially opens up tomorrow. I'll have all the thumbs setup on the blog by the end of the week. More pics here:

http://jdmchicago.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3153

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

Re: **SEMA 2009- JDM Chicago Coverage**HIGH RES**

what is up with the front wing on the scion?

Lots of nice cars. I like the 71 Chevy pickup and most of the BMW's. Oh and the Previa lol actually looks good.

But........ I wish the fad of having "stretched" tires would go away. Just doesn't seem functional. Looks like curb their wheels if they went around a corner too fast.

A couple of my favorite cars there...Wish I woud of known you were there VroooM and I went. Very nice pictures BTW.

Last edited:

what is up with the front wing on the scion?

yeah he's a part of the time attack series (noted above) but what isn't noted is that he's been destroying some records too...

yeah he's a part of the time attack series (noted above) but what isn't noted is that he's been destroying some records too...

Christian Rado's Time Attack Scion TC. Chris is one of the most down to earth guys you've ever meet...He came from an Import Drag Racing background. He drove one of (if not THE) the first tube-framed Civic, built by Shaun Carlson (RIP), running record times (Don't remember the times...).

The current TC has like 1-billion HP or something (a little exagerated). The front wing was developed by some "genius" that normally develops ALMS cars.

http://www.world-racing.com/

I didn't see specs for the Scion on the website, but look at all the "Track Records" and "First Place Overall" listed...First Place Overall is kind of amazing because that means he's outrunning AWD and RWD Unlimited Class Cars.

Sorry for rambling.

This year SEMA was definitely a bit slower than the past few years, the South Hall (Wheel and Tire) was almost depressing...Only a handful of reputable tire manufacturers were in attendance; about half the hall was full of a bunch of new chinese and indian tire makers...

Says a lot when booths no longer have MODELS, but MANNEQUINS instead. Seriously. I saw it twice.

Back