• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SIGN-UP SHEET August 27th (FRIDAY) 2nd Annual BBQ & POKER game at Makena88's house

Re: SIGN-UP SHEET August 27th (FRIDAY) 2nd Annual BBQ & POKER game at Makena88's hous

Well, I didn't win the tourney this year but I came in second and it wasn't one of the NSX guys who took first so I still have bragging rights :biggrin:

Thanks, Steven, for hosting another great BBQ. The meat was amazing and the company made it a great time. I'm already looking forward to next year's get together.

J

James....cmon...we just felt sorry for you after you gave us your sob story so we let you win. Your welcome.

Re: SIGN-UP SHEET August 27th (FRIDAY) 2nd Annual BBQ & POKER game at Makena88's hous

James....cmon...we just felt sorry for you after you gave us your sob story so we let you win. Your welcome.

I have so many sob stories... which did I tell you guys? :tongue:

J

Steve,
Thank you again for the invite and BBQ. Your chef and hospitality are amazing. That brisket just falls apart in my mouth. My wife love your friend's business name (Bad S BBQ). For those who were not at the Steve's BBQ and would like to try Bad S BBQ at their next event, here is their website: http://www.badsbbq.com/
I have no associations Bad S BBQ other than tasted what they have done to briskets and ribs at Steve's BBQ. Definitely, one of the best BBQ brisket and ribs that I have tasted.

Steve,

I had a great time. Good people and great BBQ. Thanks for arranging everything.

And guess what? I got pulled over by the CHP last night just as I was getting off on my exit. Said he caught me doing 81 (my V1 didn't go off but maybe he got me with laser and I was the only car on the highway). Anyway license, registration and insurance and after some time he comes back and says, "OK....slow down and have a good night". SWEEEEET! He let me go.

I think he just wanted to take a closer look at the awesome NSX. :biggrin:

I think he likes your flickering license plate lights. That the reason you got off with a warning.:wink:

Last edited:

My wife and I wanted to say thank you for inviting us to your lovely home again! It was a blast seeing everyone for sure and the bbq brisket was sooo tender and yummy! :biggrin:

Wish I coulda stayed longer but we had a wedding in Napa the next morning...

Roger > you are a lucky man - should have used your supercharger to show the CHP who's boss!@ :tongue:

P.S. We would love to watch Mika ANYTIME you guys are out of town - Sarah was in love with her!

I second the comments about the great food and hospitality. Thank you Steve! The ribs, the beef, the pasta salad, yum.

And Batman makes a great Sangria! Somehow I never saw that in the Batman movies!

Am I bit riffled about being beaten on the river card, on the giant all-in pot near the end which pretty much determined the winner -- beating my 8-Q full house with a Q-8 one on the last card? Maybe a little. But $20 is a small price to pay for ante on such a fun evening, and I'll be back next time to claim what is mine! ;-)

Chip

Back