• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Silver (Kaiser or Silverstone), NA2 flip up

Interested in a Kaiser silver NA2, manual, preferred as close to stock as possible (if not have stock parts included). Location west coast, bay area much preferred.

Must have: flip ups

Will consider other colors like gpw or black. Also NA1

Thanks
Kelvin
[email protected]

Last edited:
2003 silver/silver
44500 miles
Bone stock, all service complete. Water pump and timing belt service done at 42000 mi
Bought acura certified in 2007. No issues, clean carfax.
Lots of robocalls, so please text if interested 772-349-4305
Asking 84900 OBO.

2003 silver/silver
44500 miles
Bone stock, all service complete. Water pump and timing belt service done at 42000 mi
Bought acura certified in 2007. No issues, clean carfax.
Lots of robocalls, so please text if interested 772-349-4305
Asking 84900 OBO.

Must have: flip ups
03 is not flip ups!:confused:

Missed that part. Don't really know why anyone would prefer them. I had a 96 NSX with the flip lights. Vibrated at speeds. Direction of beam offset over time. I was happy with the change Always good to have options.

Hi, I have a 2001, last year of the flip up headlights, S/N 003 of only 166 in 2001 (lowest production year). Silver with Black interior. 54k miles, Automatic Transmission with paddle-type shift. 100% original, clean carfax, always garaged, complete Timing Belt/Water Pump service done last year. OEM NSX car cover, etc. Beautiful NSX in very close to showroom condition. $68k. I'm in Ft Worth, about 15 mins from DFW airport. Let me know if you would like me to send you some pictures.
Scott

Hi, I have a 2001, last year of the flip up headlights, S/N 003 of only 166 in 2001 (lowest production year). Silver with Black interior. 54k miles, Automatic Transmission with paddle-type shift. 100% original, clean carfax, always garaged, complete Timing Belt/Water Pump service done last year. OEM NSX car cover, etc. Beautiful NSX in very close to showroom condition. $68k. I'm in Ft Worth, about 15 mins from DFW airport. Let me know if you would like me to send you some pictures.
Scott

Hi Scott,
Sounds like an awesome car. Checks almost all of the boxes except I'm looking for a manual.
Hard to find 00-01 flip ups it seems though.

Car is in Florida. About 30 miles of Palm Beach. Manual transmission. Pop ups are definitely cool, but I thought the change to stationary style was an improvement in design and function. I can send pics if interested.

Car is in Florida. About 30 miles of Palm Beach. Manual transmission. Pop ups are definitely cool, but I thought the change to stationary style was an improvement in design and function. I can send pics if interested.

Cool, thanks but I'm afraid I'm going to have to continue to look for my unicorn.
The opposite coast also seems like such a long ways away to buy a car, seems a bit daunting to me for the whole buying process.

Best of luck finding the fastest color. I’m not selling my Kaiser NA2 pop-up, but support your search.

The opposite coast also seems like such a long ways away to buy a car, seems a bit daunting to me for the whole buying process.

Of course it is always easier to buy a car locally, but do not be afraid to look around. Remember that nsx are quite rare and there maybe only a few in the Bay Area that are for sale (let alone in your requirements).

I agree that anything new is a little daunting, but buying cars across the country is not a new thing. A few of us have done it ;)

Of course it is always easier to buy a car locally, but do not be afraid to look around. Remember that nsx are quite rare and there maybe only a few in the Bay Area that are for sale (let alone in your requirements).

I agree that anything new is a little daunting, but buying cars across the country is not a new thing. A few of us have done it ;)

Absolute0 email me your contact info to: [email protected]. I'm in the bay area.

Anyone with experience buying a car using broker or escrow service without having actually seen the car if it has a PPI from a reputable shop or at least another nsx primer take a look at it for you? Are they worth the fees or hassle?

Anyone with experience buying a car using broker or escrow service without having actually seen the car if it has a PPI from a reputable shop or at least another nsx primer take a look at it for you? Are they worth the fees or hassle?

Anything to help minimize risk in theory should help both parties feel more confident with the transaction. Perhaps others can share some experiences on escrow services.

Depending on scheduling between both parties, another idea is to visit the seller and see the car in person after a clean bill of health from a PPI. It gives you a chance to meet the seller and verify some of the records from the PPI. If all works out, you can complete the transaction in person. Otherwise, you have to trust the seller to ship the car and mail the signed title and bill of sales.

In addition, if you are shipping the car (and not driving it home), you can meet the truck driver. Here you can verify the paperwork to make sure they have the correct address and contact information. You can snap a few pictures of the rig and trailer plates for your records. Lastly, it is a great opportunity to tip the driver as an appreciation for taking car of your new prize.

Starting to also like the NA1 sebring silver coupe look. Any out there private sell, stock?
Saw the ad for one in MI on Ebay but the price seems so far above the nsx valuation tool some one posted on here.
Is it 'worth the hassle' of buying one within snap ring range also? Read a few posts saying if they haven't failed in 30k miles it's likely alright but read some folks had it fail at 100k miles.
Also some dealers seems to not realize what significance the snap ring range transmission has on their car asking prize. Doesnt seem to be a strong negotiating tool.

Back