• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

T-Top rattle - anyone HELP????

I have a 98NSX with 40K miles.
The only complaint I have is that the T-Top rattles when I drive on bumpy roads and makes the car sound like an old beater.

And I am not talking about the T-Top squeak that can be fixed with silicone. I am talking about a rattle that sounds like the T-Top is not fitting onto the car tightly or like there is something loose in the T-top itself.

I am contemplating buying a T-Top from a 01 yellow NSX and painting it black, hoping that it will fit snugly and not rattle. Anybody recommend against this? Is it possible to paint a T-top and make it look clean?

Anyone know another fix to this rattle problem?

Thanks in advance.

Search the TSB's under the FAQ of this site. There is a very comprehensive write-up of how do disassemble/lube the entire top. IIRC there are two sets of clasps that fit in the top near the A-pillars. You might want to check that you have the newer ones. I have experienced the squeak before, but never rattles.

T Top rattles

I remember talking to a guy who I think put on some 2002 cleats that go on the the top of the windshield frame, these have a rubber insert inside the groove instead of being all hard plastic.
He said it really helped stopping any squeaks and rattles. Have you tried to do any adjustments?

Back