• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Throttle body cleaner / injector cleaner

This question is mostly directed to Larry B or Ken but feel free to sound off.
I've finally gotten my engine where I want it, Comp-Tech Jet Hot coated headers, Comp-Tech exhaust, Dali intake pipe, K & N OEM replacement filter and some cosmetic add ons.
I'm the second owner of a now, 25,200mi. 92' pristine GPW car, so i'm sure it sat alot. I did all the obvious tune up things.
Question; Is it ok to use throttle body cleaner and fuel injector cleaner in the fuel to make sure the internals are as clean as they can be or will it mess up the sensors or ? If not, what is the best way to be sure it's the best it can reasonably be?

Thanks.

Cheers
nigel

Throttle Body Cleaner -Yes, it's not like Windex, it's a dry cleaner, similar to brake cleaner. I used it a while ago, no problem.

Fule Injector Cleaner - I'm assuming you mean something like RedLine or Chevron Fuel Injection cleaner. Lots of studies have shown those are good, don't do any damage, may or may not make any improvements.. but don't hurt.

Thanks lads. I thought it was OK but I always like to be sure when it comes to this car, you never know.
It runs great but just want to make sure it stays crisp.

Cheers
nigel

DITO!

I've mine out since today and maybe anyone has some suggestions what to clean in addition to the walls.

Back