• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tires for my 2017

Quick question: my 2017 NSX keeps breaking loose when I launch the car in track mode.. super frustrating grrr
The car had no issues with traction when she was in Florida but NSX has now has been shipped to las vegas and traction control flashes on heavy launch same situation on different roads out here...
- Are the roads here made different from Florida roads?
- Does a car shipper transport across country mess up alignments?
- Or is the no humidity making the tire hard?
I'm just puzzled and feel I'm not getting the full potential on launching the car if it keeps cutting power.. rear tires have about 70 percent tread and fronts ate 80
Thanks in advance
Stuart

Last edited:
Check the date on your tires. If they are good I would get your wheels road force balanced I know if you dont do this it will cut power. The computers on our cars are very sensitive. Chris from science of speed mentioned this before.

Check the date on your tires. If they are good I would get your wheels road force balanced I know if you dont do this it will cut power. The computers on our cars are very sensitive. Chris from science of speed mentioned this before.
What is the difference in regular balance and road force balanced?

What is the difference between road force balance and regular balance?

Traditional Balancing vs. Road Force Balancing

Road force balancing is a more sophisticated technique that can find imbalances that standard balancing cannot and can remedy them. This technique makes use of a device that exerts a controlled force against the rotating tire and wheel assembly.Apr 21, 2023 Places like Discount Tire have the machines capable of road force balancing.

Here is the date of my rear tires that were ordered new 4 months ago 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• 20230811_191500.jpg
    20230811_191500.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230811_191306.jpg
    20230811_191306.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 8
Quick question: my 2017 NSX keeps breaking loose when I launch the car in track mode.. super frustrating grrr
The car had no issues with traction when she was in Florida but NSX has now has been shipped to las vegas and traction control flashes on heavy launch same situation on different roads out here...
- Are the roads here made different from Florida roads?
- Does a car shipper transport across country mess up alignments?
- Or is the no humidity making the tire hard?
I'm just puzzled and feel I'm not getting the full potential on launching the car if it keeps cutting power.. rear tires have about 70 percent tread and fronts ate 80
Thanks in advance
Stuart
I watch "Street Outlaws" on Discovery network if I recall correctly. They have drag raced on Las Vegas roads and commented they are "dirty" with sand and wind blown. So that could be a reason. Dirty roads can't take the power, although the AWD should help.

It's the roads. I'm from Naxos (Greek Cycladic island) where it can get quite windy, blowing sand from the beaches onto the roads. With Vegas being in the middle of a desert, I suspect that you may be in the same boat. I break traction all of the time.

0319 means tire was made the 3rd week of 2019.

I assume you bought the exact oem tire?
They're Bridgestone Potezas S001.. I also noticed on my last Acura service they recommend to replace the rear driver left wheel bearing as they said "it had play" i wonder if that is causing traction control issues too 🤔

Back