• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tuners in Ga?

Can anyone recommend a tuner in GA for my lovefab NSX (AEM FIC) I just want to tune for a little more boost and clean it up a little. I know of Ed at Balanced but does anyone know Chris's last name at Balanced? Trying to research him as well.

Thanks,

Daniel

I would suggest asking for Jason (co-owner). They are a little crazy right now with AMP opening up but he is always terrific at returning calls. Ed is cleaning up one of our NSX's this week so I know he is scheduled to be in their Boford shop at some point this week.

Cheers,

Alan

I would suggest asking for Jason (co-owner). They are a little crazy right now with AMP opening up but he is always terrific at returning calls. Ed is cleaning up one of our NSX's this week so I know he is scheduled to be in their Boford shop at some point this week.

Cheers,

Alan

I spoke with Jason yesterday and he says Chris is able to do what I need...I just don't know anything about Chris and haven't been able to turn anything up about him on the web. I know now that he is the apprentice of Ed.

They just tuned Todds car on Monday (OKI BOY) and did a great job.

I would certainly use them at Balance.

There was a green SC NSX there in the shop getting worked on.

They just tuned Todds car on Monday (OKI BOY) and did a great job.

I would certainly use them at Balance.

There was a green SC NSX there in the shop getting worked on.

Yeah, been talking with OKI BOY via PM. He's the only person I've talked to that has been tuned by Chris. I was hoping to research him a little more. I know Ed is supposed to be the best of the best, so that's why I originally contacted them.

One other option I had was Scotty at Mainstream...I just don't know if they have touched an NSX before. I guess I'm mainly concerned that whatever tuner I go with knows what the timing should be like for an NSX on boost. The rest is common ground. I just don't want to risk "a little knock" to find out where we need to dial back lol

PHP:
There was a green SC NSX there in the shop getting worked on.[/QUOTE]

That is one of ours. We also have a SC 04 they have tuned. The Green is a 94 OBDC1 that they mapped from scratch after nuking the factory management. The 04 is OBDC2 which has the FIC. I will say that the 94 is perfect. I have had only one complaint with the 04 and that is on the track at RA between turns 2 and 3 the FIC seems to get interrupted due to throttle location, gear and rpm. This has happened maybe 3 or 4 times...never on the street or at any other venue. I figured out how to avoid it by gear selection through that area of the track.

They can see the problem but the FIC arrangement has certain limitations as to what they can and can't do...

Going to Atlanta Motorsports Park this AM for orientation...hope to see some NSX's out there some day...

Alrighty, I'm set up to work with Chris at Balanced next Wed around 9am. Hope everything goes well :)

Chris/balance credits ed as the best also. With both being there, i'm sure you will be satisfied either way.

Chris did a good job getting my AFRs tightened up and safer. Due to the AEM Tru Boost not being able to reign in the spike on spoolup, we ended up leaving the boost alone around 8ish psi until I can get a better boost controller.

AFRs are now at low to mid elevens making the same power as it originally did only I have the meth/water spraying much earlier at 1.5psi so it should be even safer now. 460whp and 370wtq.

Maybe the next step is the AEM EMS and let it control boost and then we can try for 500whp which is what I wanted today as a secondary map.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C70EtBfe2Ew

Glad your pleased, I'm very satisfied with Chris's work and can't wait 2c what my next tune looks like.
THANKS FOR THE FOOTAGE.

Last edited:
Back