• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Watkins Glen Day for Kids with Cancer

Red

Legendary Member
hey guys - the NE NSXCA guys are going to Watkins Glen (3.5-4hrs from Toronto) on Wed, July 16th to take kids with cancer out for a slow drive around the track. This isn't a lapping day, or a high speed thing, (you don't actually drive fast, they are using the track as "road" not "racetrack") its about sharing your cool car with some kids who are going through a pretty shitty time in their lives.

I'm going to try to re-arrange my plans so I can go down, please consider coming!

FYI - Watkins Glen is a very pretty area, a few minutes from Corning NY (Home of the Awesome Corning Glass Museum - glass art, etc.) it is picturesque, in the middle of the "fingerlakes" region and the drive is mostly highway with the last 30-45 mins on smaller roads, with little traffic.

Many of the Est Fest Americans will be there - as will be some who didn't come - and they will have a dinner the night before.

More info here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103972

The only question is,

Will Red bring his Yellow car or
His pink car because he's yellow?

:biggrin:

hey guys - the NE NSXCA guys are going to Watkins Glen (3.5-4hrs from Toronto) on Wed, July 16th to take kids with cancer out for a slow drive around the track. This isn't a lapping day, or a high speed thing, (you don't actually drive fast, they are using the track as "road" not "racetrack") its about sharing your cool car with some kids who are going through a pretty shitty time in their lives.

I'm going to try to re-arrange my plans so I can go down, please consider coming!

FYI - Watkins Glen is a very pretty area, a few minutes from Corning NY (Home of the Awesome Corning Glass Museum - glass art, etc.) it is picturesque, in the middle of the "fingerlakes" region and the drive is mostly highway with the last 30-45 mins on smaller roads, with little traffic.

Many of the Est Fest Americans will be there - as will be some who didn't come - and they will have a dinner the night before.

More info here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103972

I'm bringing the Porsche - the red/white/black one - since there is two days of running at the Glen in the offering!

I'm bringing the Porsche - the pink/white/black one - since there is two days of running at the Glen in the offering!

You better make sure that the kids know that after you take them around in that rattle trap, that they have to spend the next hour walking around the track looking for bolts that fell off. If they complain, tell them its easier than last time when they had bolts to find AND quickdry to sweep.

You better make sure that the kids know that after you take them around in that rattle trap, that they have to spend the next hour walking around the track looking for bolts that fell off. If they complain, tell them its easier than last time when they had bolts to find AND quickdry to sweep.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, you started telling the whole "bolts fell off thing" when people thought you left your NUTS in the paddock before a session!

Back