• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wheels refinished

Just had my stock wheels refinished at Advanced Wheel Repair in Santa Ana. They can chrome plate your wheels (5 days) or do an exchange, also they can powder coat. I had them refinish by placing the wheels in a lathe. They fixed the road rash and also some scratches in the clear coat caused by the local car wash. He finishes with a clear coat. You can bring your car in and have them take the tires off the car and unmount, clean off the old finish (lathe) and then clear coat followed by remounting and balancing and putting them back on your car. If you time it right it can all happen in one day. I took my wheels off the car and just brought them in. I also brought in several replacement tires and was able to have those on the wheels when the job was completed. David McLeod is pretty cool and will give you a good price. Their address is 2950 W. Central, Unit 20 Santa Ana, CA 92704. 714-434-6905. They are off of Fairview/Warner and the 405 freeway.

You can't even tell they were repaired by the photos. Nice job! :D This place was recommended to me months ago, I just haven't had the time to take my Accord over there.

Nice work

Nice job on the wheel repair. However, a wheel must be determined if it's repairable. Below is a picture of an NSX wheel that was refinished due to curb damage. Apparently a good size layer was removed from the wheel surface. The insides of the spokes were welded for additional strength. Well, it didn't work. The spokes cracked in two places and you can see discoloration on the other spokes due to stress. Luckily this was spotted before any further breakdown of the wheel occurred.

I was told that the NSX wheel is manufactured as light as can be yet providing sufficient strength. Removing material from the wheel surface will have an affect on it's overall strength. Something to think about when repairing a wheel with lots of damage.

wheel.jpg

Bad Wheel

Wow what a bumme to have a wheel break like that. I know that the oem wheels are forged rather than cast. What that does is increase the density of the metal allowing one to decrease the wall thickness and retain the same structural strength. If you cut into the wheel too much I am sure you could compromise its inherent strength. In my case I only had slight road rash on the rim edge. Also the carwash guide rails though covered in plastic cut into the clear coat of the wheel where the spokes extend outward. So for me it was a no brainer.:)

Chrome Wheels

Yes they do chrome wheels. There were two ways to go. One is an exchange which costs $500. The other is where he gets them done locally for about $400 or so. Having your wheels chromed takes about 4 days.:) Give them a call

Re: Chrome Wheels

thanks Dr.....now we are talking about 400 for 4 wheels...yes?

drmanny3 said:
Yes they do chrome wheels. There were two ways to go. One is an exchange which costs $500. The other is where he gets them done locally for about $400 or so. Having your wheels chromed takes about 4 days.:) Give them a call

chrome wheels

Yes that was 400 for 4 wheels if he does them which takes about 4 days or so and 500 if you exchange for previously chromed wheels.:)

sorry to bring up this old thread.

I dropped off my wheels to get them refinished almost 3 weeks ago after reading the recommendations on this forum, David promised to complete my wheels in 5 days, now the shop is completely gone/closed :mad:

Do you have David's cell phone #, I don't think this is a good way to treat customer, at this point, I just want my wheels back finished or not.

That really sucks. :mad: I was thinking of going there in the very near future to have them take care of some road rash on a couple of my wheels. So they are completely closed? I would talk with the other shops around to find out who the owner of the building is. He should be able to give you the home address and number. So sorry this happened to you. My experience with this guy was positive, and I was turned on to him through another prime member. I would report the theft to the Police if you cannot get satisfaction from the buidling owner. This would be grand theft a felony. Please keep us advised.

Manny

drmanny3 said:
That really sucks. :mad: I was thinking of going there in the very near future to have them take care of some road rash on a couple of my wheels. So they are completely closed? I would talk with the other shops around to find out who the owner of the building is. He should be able to give you the home address and number. So sorry this happened to you. My experience with this guy was positive, and I was turned on to him through another prime member. I would report the theft to the Police if you cannot get satisfaction from the buidling owner. This would be grand theft a felony. Please keep us advised.

Manny

Manny,

I finally got my wheels completed at last, result far exceeded my expectations, below are the pics of the wheels, all 4 wheels have been completely stripped/repainted and all curb rash are completely gone, they look like brand new.

nsx-3.jpg

--
nsx-2.jpg

They still offer the best price, if they didn't move and made me waited 6 weeks, I would say they also had best service.

They have completed moving to the new shop in Anaheim, so I would still recommend them.

AG said:
They have completed moving to the new shop in Anaheim, so I would still recommend them.
Can you post their new address?? TIA

ss_md said:
Can you post their new address?? TIA

Sorry I don't have their address, however they are in the building 20ft in front of Santa Ana wheels, you can't miss it:

1426 N. Burton Place
Anaheim CA 92806-1204

Call David or Marco: 714-774-2215

trefive said:
Here's a silly question. I have the chrome versions and I prefer silver...can they reverse the process or take a trade as far as you know?

sure can, just give them a call

AG said:
Sorry I don't have their address, however they are in the building 20ft in front of Santa Ana wheels, you can't miss it:

1426 N. Burton Place
Anaheim CA 92806-1204

Call David or Marco: 714-774-2215

anyone know if this is the latest info?? I called the number, but no answer.

SilverOne said:
What did you do to your wheels? :eek: :eek:

SilverOne said:

That is David's cell phone#, you can get their business # by 411.

Sorry I no longer have their business #.

I was just there not 2 weeks ago. They fixed my wheel right up. To me, it seems like AW is part of a bigger operation Santa Ana Wheel.
Here is the info I got off of the invoice.

Santa Ana Wheel
1426 N Burton PL
Anaheim, CA
714-239-1122
www.santaanawheel.com

Hope it helps

Appreciate the info, I just met with David. I don't know if he's affiliated with Santa Ana wheels, he's in a separate building in the same complex.

Dropped off 1 wheel to have curb rash taken care of, will pick up tomorrow. I like his efficiency :)

Updated info good as of 12/20/04:

David McLeod
Advanced Wheel Repair (right next door to Santa Ana wheels)
(714) 774-2215
1426 N. Burton Place
Anaheim CA 92806-1204

Last edited:
Back