• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WTB a 6sp transmission

WTB a 6sp transmission in good condition, want to upgrade from my current 5sp. I already tried most of the online parts dealers, specialty shops, and salvage yards.
Willing to pay a fair price and will need it shipped to the SF Bay Area. Thx.

Thanks, will keep this in mind, but going to try for a 6sp, if there’s one available.
How much are you asking for the 5sp, w/short gears and 4.55RP?

WTB a 6sp transmission in good condition, want to upgrade from my current 5sp. I already tried most of the online parts dealers, specialty shops, and salvage yards.
Willing to pay a fair price and will need it shipped to the SF Bay Area. Thx.
Honda discontinued the 6-speed as an assembled transmission over a year ago. The only way you can get a 6-speed in the US in 2023 is to contact one of the Japan-based specialty shops like RFY or T3TEC to have them assemble one for you out of the parts, which are mostly still available. But some parts like the 6th gear shift fork, are in and out of backorder status with sometimes months of waiting.

Last time I checked, these shops were charging about $12,000 for a 6-speed...before shipping. You also have to sign an agreement acknowledging that there may be months or years of delays depending on parts availability from Honda. If you have the money and patience, it's still doable, but likely not for much longer.

Thanks for info and advice, one shop in Japan I contacted said a complete new trans was discontinued and only available disassembled, as you noted, again with some parts may or not being available.

I’ll keep researching and trying to see what’s available, or even possible. $12k plus shipping, with no specified time delivery is not appealing, but will keep reaching out to possible sources.

Back