• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Intake resonator, does this look right?

My 1997 came with the lower portion of the Comptech airbox which I removed to try out the SOS intake snorkel (didn't like it :p). I found an OEM resonator/snorkel and installed it and realized it doesn't actually directly draw air from the vent. Its opening sits right above it. Photos attached.

Does this look correct?

Attachments

• IMG_6817.jpeg
    IMG_6817.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6819.jpeg
    IMG_6819.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 25
Other than the non stock grill, that looks pretty much like the OEM positioning. There is no 'ram air' effect. The OEM grill is actually closed on the top one or two louvers which pretty much blocks any view of the actual air intake when you look in from the outside. The air enters the space behind the rear fender and the engine air intake which is located above the side scoop opening draws air from that space. At least that is the way it is on my 2000.

My 1997 came with the lower portion of the Comptech airbox which I removed to try out the SOS intake snorkel (didn't like it :p). I found an OEM resonator/snorkel and installed it and realized it doesn't actually directly draw air from the vent. Its opening sits right above it. Photos attached.

Does this look correct?
Yes, it looks correct. What didn't you like about the SOS intake snorkel?

Back