• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chicago Group Drive to ALMS Event at RA, Aug.11

Chicago Crew!

Just wondering who was driving up on Saturday morning for the NSXCA ALMS event on Saturday, August 11.

Couple of options for a meeting point:

1. Krispy Kreme on North Ave in Glendale Heights (1 mile west of 355) - we have gathered at this location before. 525 E. North Ave.

2. Streets of Woodfield, in front of Starbucks

3. Des Plains Oasis on I-90 (just North of O'Hare)

We could also meet at the Lake Forest Oasis, but I know a lot of us are coming from further South/West. So maybe we could meet at one of the above locations and then meet another group up north at the Lake Forest Oasis on our way.

As far as time, I'm thinking between 6:30am-7:30 at the latest? It takes about 2 hours to get there with light traffic. It seems if we get there by 9:30-10 we'll be in good shape.

What do YOU think?

Lake Forest Oasis sounds good. I would hate to meet at the other places listed because I would be backtracking.

I will be going there earlier than others, so I won't be meeting up.

However, it seems to me that the Lake Forest Oasis would be the best place, because it's after all the routes converge. IOW, regardless of whether people are coming from the city, or the western 'burbs, or just about anywhere else in the Chicago area, it will be convenient and along the way for everyone.

See you at Road America!

Yep, I'm up for the group drive! Lake Forest Oasis is cool with me.

Sean

Bob, Sean (and anyone else from the Western Burbs)

How about this for a plan...

Lets meet at the Krispy Kreme at 6:30-6:45.

We can leave from there and meet the rest of the group at the Lake Forest Oasis, some time between 7-7:30. Firm leave from Lake Forest at 7:30.

Don't forget your walkees! (or Talkabout Radios, FRS, etc. if you got 'em)

- Frank

I'll let you know tonight. Stacey is coming back from Indy later tonight, and I may have a struggle to get her outta bed that early! I may have to just meet you at Lake Forest.

I'll keep you posted.

Wow, bunch of early birds! Most people didn't show at Mid-Ohio till late morning or early afternoon. (The big race is at the end of the afternoon.) I'm not complaining - more time to hang out and have fun! I might swing through the oasis in the morning and see if anyone's there, otherwise I'll see all at the track.

Ken -

I was figuring that we would arrive there just before 10.

I don't have the info in front of me right now, but I thought practice for the cars was between 10-12.

So we should have some time to hang out, see a lot of the cars from the Wisconsin crew that we don't see too often, etc.

I can't make Krispy Kreme. Are you still meeting at the oasis? I can meet there at 7:30.

Sean

Sean -

Yes, we are still meeting at the oasis at 7:30.

Bob, Randy, me and whoever else will be meeting at the Krispy Kreme and then driving to the oasis. We'll see you and the rest there.

Back