• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thoughts on the SOS Sport+ Valve-Delete Exhaust vs Valve-tronic Sport Exhaust

I hear you about Comptech and Honda having a long term relationship. Having said that, I would also argue that SOS has a long term relationship with Honda/Acura. I think once you go past the exhaust and a simple piggyback unit like the JB4 to a cracked ECU you have crossed the line.

What I don’t know is that if you run the JB4 as if you had 100 octane fuel but were actually running 91 octane, could you damage the engine? Would it show up in a diagnostic review?

If you run the KTuner and again run with only 91 octane but use the new code as if you had 100 octane, what could happen and could Acura figure it out?

My gut tells me that Acura/Honda is pretty supportive up until you mess with their programming
You would have an impossible task of proving your cracking of the ECU did not affect the reliability of the engine. The burden of proof would be on you and not Honda.

Back