• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

01 and Earlier Headlights Bouncing

Hello,

When ever I roll over bumps or drive on a bumpy road the headlights of my NSX bounce up and down. Was not sure how to secure them to prevent this issue.

I have been searching the forum for help and unable to locate anything on this topic for an 01 / earlier model.

Please help.

Thanks JP

Last edited:
Hello,

When ever I roll over bumps or drive on a bumpy road the headlights of my NSX bounce up and down. Was not sure how to secure them to prevent this issue.

I have been searching the forum for help and unable to locate anything on this topic for an 01 / earlier model.

Please help.

Thanks JP

There are stop screws that are part of the mechanism. They are screws with rubber bumper and have a locknut. You probably need to loosen the locknut, then move the stop screws out to eliminate the slop in the headlight mechanism. Then tighten the locknut.

Did you read this section of the wiki/FAQ?

You also might want to take a look at the sections of the service manual that describe the retractor system and the removal of the headlight units. They're under the Electrical section; look for the headings for Lighting System and for Headlights.

Last edited:
Just a note, I have tightened the stoppers and mine still bounce a bit when hitting pot holes or RR tracks. With the headlights up, if I apply pressure to them by hand they seem rock solid, but still wobble.

Are you missing the rubber hats for those screws? Should be two per side. Mine was shaking quite a bit until I bought these and put them back on.

Back