• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

02-05 Color Production Numbers

Hello all, first post here-

Out of curiousity- I've been looking and can't seem to find the information anywhere...

How much of each color was produced in the final iteration of the NA2 NSX? I've found that lovely thread regarding the Imola Orange production numbers from 02-05, but what about all other colors?

Seeing as there was only a few hundred NSXs produced every year for the last few years, it would be cool to see what the exterior color production numbers were, and even cooler if we could throw in the interior and auto/manual info as well...

The question is- has this been done? And if not, how do we do it?

Were all of the VIN numbers sequential, say, from 00001 to 00XXX for each year?

vfec.gif

Link: http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Production_Numbers

Oh crazy, someone has already done this! No idea how I couldn't find it previously.

that being said, it looks like there are errors- looking at solely the Imola colors, it says there are 41, but we have vins if 49 being built...

Hello all, first post here-

Out of curiousity- I've been looking and can't seem to find the information anywhere...

Were all of the VIN numbers sequential, say, from 00001 to 00XXX for each year?

Be sure to check the "NSX Wiki" as arista has pointed out. There's a link for it near the top of the forum in big the red bar.

Regarding VIN numbers. Yes they are sequential, if they weren't that would just be confusing! Check out this link:
http://www.nsxprime.com/nsx-faq/nsx-vin-information/

Good luck "looking for your Imola." :tongue:

Lucas

- - - Updated - - -

Oh crazy, someone has already done this! No idea how I couldn't find it previously.

that being said, it looks like there are errors- looking at solely the Imola colors, it says there are 41, but we have vins if 49 being built...

I count 41 Orange on Orange, and 8 Orange on Black.
49 total Imolas.

The Wiki IS a little out of date. But it acts as a great benchmark and can at least give you an idea of how many Imolas are out there versus say Midnight Pearls.

Last edited:

41 IOP/Imola interior. (Orange/orange)

8 IOP/Onyx (orange/black)

49 total. The totals are of color not added together.

I finally convinced the wife to let me buy an NSX, but she says only Imola Orange or Grand Prix White is allowed and must be unmodified. Sigh, I think I'll be looking a good, long, hard time.

I finally convinced the wife to let me buy an NSX, but she says only Imola Orange or Grand Prix White is allowed and must be unmodified. Sigh, I think I'll be looking a good, long, hard time.

nah... just remember everything is for sale... and there are a few Imolas on this board.

just know, only two known IOP/Onyx traded hands in the last 5 years that i can find. My 05 and Jeffs 04.

your search will be easier for orange/orange

Last edited:
You either need to spend time or money. For the right price a car can always be for sale.

True, but I'm not going to shell out 100k for a car. Many owners have sentimental attachment to their NSXs, especially ones in rare colors, so really there isn't any price that would convince them to sell. There are also many of those cars out there with no way for me to communicate with the owners if they're not on Prime.

Name your price ;)
I know his price and you don't want to pay it :p

Pop around your local area car events and ask around about NSXs. There are more of them out there than you may realize and some people may be interested in selling. Posting up a wanted ad on Prime is another good idea if you are looking for that specific car.

The NSX community is fairly small - so word can get around pretty easily.

Everytime I get asked how much I'd sell mine for, my standard answer has been "The first person to send $100K to me gets it." That way I can buy two NSXs so I can use one to tow the other to NSXPO.

We will be restoring all of this info in the new library. The old info is stored on an ancient WordPress format, so it will take some time before we can upload it.

Back