• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

'02 at Hoehn San Diego, CA.....my report

I went to see the '02 NSX at Hoehn, and here's what I found out...

-color is Silverstone Metallic w/ Onyx interior

-HID is nice!!

-mesh grill(painted black and I think it's metal) found on bottom half of inner front bumper, side scoops, and rear diffuser

-car is number 20-something out of 500 for '02??

-trunk lid has smaller spoiler under the main spoiler, almost like a "filler" spoiler to fill in the gap between the lid and the bottom of the spoiler.

-the exhaust tips are around 3-4 inches and is screwed on(maybe an upgrade for previous models if that's your style)

-hood is different

-bottom half of front spoiler looks like it'll bolt on to the top half of previous years(I'm guessing here)

-the middle section of the engine cover opens up, as well as the entire engine cover(I'm trying to remember everything so this one might be a "maybe")

-front and rear calipers are gold painted/coated

-17x7 w/215/40/17 front, 17x9 w/255/40/17 rear(I believe the wheels are made by BBS because the valve stem cap says BBS)

I'm sure I'm forgetting some other stuff and when I remember them I'll post it.
In comparison to my '92, it's essentially the same car with just some upgrades IMO. I liked the different color stitching found throughout the door panels and dash, as well as the perforated seats and door panels.

According to Hoehn, this is the only car they'll get for this year, and they were even surprised that they got one. The sales man told me they sold 2 last year so maybe that's why they got this one.

They didn't have any brochures available, but I was able to get a xerox copy of the brochure they got for their records.

All in all I had fun looking at this car. The sales guy also told me that someone from L.A. was coming down to see it, is that anyone on this forum?

Great way to start the new year!!
smile.gif

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY

[This message has been edited by Veleno (edited 03 January 2002).]

Richard --

Did you catch the make/model of the tires? Also, the center section opening in the engine cover is likely the clamshell holder for the targa top, which present on all targa NSXes.

Thanks for the review!

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://www.NSXClassifieds.com - free NSX classifieds site!

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:
Richard --

Did you catch the make/model of the tires? Also, the center section opening in the engine cover is likely the clamshell holder for the targa top, which present on all targa NSXes.

Thanks for the review!

Bridegestone. I don't know what model, sorry.

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:
Did you catch the make/model of the tires?
Bridgestone Potenza RE040 from the spyshots that Vytas posted

Probably a model-specific tire, similar to the earlier OE 15/16 and 16/17 tires

Cojones, I know a person that actually has one of the two Pagoni Zonta ??? (did I get the name right?) in the U.S. that is pictured in your avatar. I've seen it in person a couple of times and wow!!!

[This message has been edited by Craig (edited 04 January 2002).]

Originally posted by Craig:
Cojones, I know a person that actually has one of the two Pagoni Zonta ??? (did I get the name right?) in the U.S. that is pictured in your avatar. I've seen it in person a couple of times and wow!!!
Its the Pagani Zonda C12S (the higher-powered variant of the C12). See more of it here --> http://www.paganizonda.com/

Something I hoped the NSX could eventually be: a low-production mid-engine rear-drive carbon-fiber-bodied supercar exotic

Something I hoped the NSX could eventually be: a low-production mid-engine rear-drive carbon-fiber-bodied supercar exotic

[/B]

It also costs 350,000... so its not really in the same league as the NSX. However, I would imagine the NextGen NSX will have performance figures close to this for less than half the price.. ( at least i hope
smile.gif
)

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

Originally posted by nsxbadboy:
That car is sweet
Yes it is...
- 550 hp power / 531 ft-lb torque
- 2750 lbs dry weight
- 0-60 in about 3.7 s / est top end > 200 mph
- carbon fiber central frame, f/r subframes in chrome-moly steel, body panels in carbon fiber

They only make 25 every year -- makes Lamborghini look like a mass-production outfit (!)

[This message has been edited by cojones (edited 23 January 2002).]

Originally posted by Bilulan:
Talk about a bondo nightmare for the body shop.
AFAIK, you don't repair CF, unless you have the pressurized autoclave to do it.

Replacement CF parts are pretty pricey too. When my NSX was in a shop, they were fixing a hail-damaged F550 next to it. $19K for a hood.

Back