• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

02+ bolt length and center caps

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335149064.422092.jpg

Looked at a black NA1 with 02+ wheels on spacers today. Love the look, but two questions...

1) Center caps missing - what can I expect to pay for a new set, and how hard are they to install

2) Bolt length - to me it looks like those black bolts are sticking out pretty far. Would a center cap cover that? Could shorter bolts be installed for a better look?

Thanks all for your help.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?o111ea

1. $45 each from a dealer if you have the usual 20% discount.
2. The center cap doesn't cover the lugnuts and I am sure you can use oem lugnuts unless the car has longer studs pressed in for use with spacers.

I hope this helps ;)

1. $45 each from a dealer if you have the usual 20% discount.
2. The center cap doesn't cover the lugnuts and I am sure you can use oem lugnuts unless the car has longer studs pressed in for use with spacers.

Thanks for your help.

What's the "usual" discount? I'm new to all this...

The wheels are on spacer to clear the older, larger calipers... does this preclude the use of shorter lugnuts?

What's the "usual" discount? I'm new to all this...
Most smaller/ independent dealers and repair garages or people who know how to smile get 20% off. The MSRP for these centercaps is somewhere around $60 / each.

I use www.acuraautomotiveparts.org to locate parts, part numbers or to get rough prices.

The wheels are on spacer to clear the older, larger calipers... does this preclude the use of shorter lugnuts?

There is a very high chance that the owner is using 5mm spacers because:

NSX Wiki Page said:
The 2002 wheel spokes do not flare out enough closer to the center where the 1991 - 1996 caliper sits. If you upgrade a 1991 - 1996 car to have to '97+ front rotors (which moves the caliper further out), you can use 2002 wheels. You could also use a 5mm spacer to push the wheels out enough to clear the caliper.

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Wheel_Tech#Can_I_Swap_OEM_Wheels_Between_NSX_Model_Years.3F

Side note: 91-96 calipers are not larger, they are smaller but sit closer to the inside.

Last edited:
There is a very high chance that the owner is using 5mm spacers

Indeed he is. So for a better look I would need to get lugnuts that are somewhere between stock length and the current length - I could probably get them powder coated to match the wheel color as well, no?

5mm spacers don't require longer bolts so there is a very high chance that the owner never changed them. This also means you can just go with oem lugnuts.

I currently have oem 2002+ wheels, 5mm spacers and oem lugnuts ;).

Cool! I guess I can get those from the same place I get the center caps, for a complete wheel touch-up shopping trip?

shouldnt you not be using those tuner lugs on oem wheels???

I agree, especially since the diameter of the tuner lugs are much skinnier than the OEM vs OEM wheel hole diameter. You need as much contact from the lugs to the wheels, for safety reason of course :cool:

Back