• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

'02 & lack of CD Player - BAD HONDA! BAD!

While I know you can purchase a trunk-mounted multi-disc CD player, I couldn't resist making a comment on the lack of a single-disc CD player in the new '02 model. What were they thinking? I know as many people who have tapes as I do people who have 8-tracks. None. Just wanted to extend a thumbs down to Honda for overlooking the obvious on that one.

------------------
David Allen
'00 Silverstone NSX-T
Comptech SC, Headers, Intake, Exhaust & a little Mark Basch tweakage

What do you have against the trunk-mounted CD changer? It works just fine!
mad.gif

Well, I agree that i'd like to see a single disk player in the dash, but on the other hand, with no map pockets and a tiny sliver of a glove box there is not place to store many CD's, so for me the trunk changer is just as well.

------------------
keep the shiny side up

I do. I play tapes that I record myself.

However, it's nice to have a cassette player AND a CD changer. And the NSX already has both.

I agree with David. Slipping a new CD into an in-dash player is decidedly more convenient and spontaneous than going into the trunk to mess around with the CD magazine, particularly if the weather is bad (it happens.) Also, using a jewel-box-less disc folio allows you to store many CDs in the cockpit with no problem.

Beyond mere convenience, by not offering an in-dash CD, a GPS system, or a better-sounding audio system, Honda missed a chance to more fully update the '02 NSX. The tooling is already done for GPS, so offering it here would have cost Honda very little. Why not do it? They also missed a chance to show the faithful a little love by offering these new options, options which could be readily retrofitted to existing NSXs.

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

Real men don't need GPS.
biggrin.gif
But if you do, you can get one here. You can customize your NSX exactly the way you want - no need to complain.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 20 January 2002).]

Back