• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

02+ Side Skirts vs. Stacy's Skirts? Please help me choose!

I'm trying to choose between 02+ Side Skirts or Stacy's Skirts. I wanted to ask So Cal people cuz you guys are always honest and I really appreciate every suggestions you've given me til this day. I'm trying to go for a clean look. Of course, I'll be getting the Downforce Rear Valence. Still debating if I should get the wing with it... Thanks again!

d_643.jpg

6.jpg

It's a real real hard choice for me right now between the two, but if i had to choose between the stacy one and the OEM? I'd choose OEM. However, the extra vent on the side is real sexy to me. :redface:

It's a real real hard choice for me right now between the two, but if i had to choose between the stacy one and the OEM? I'd choose OEM. However, the extra vent on the side is real sexy to me. :redface:
damn i know what u mean... argh~ we are back to square one again. haha. which one to go with... sigh...

If you're going to run an OEM front bumper, I would go with OEM sides because the lines will flow properly. I've seen plenty of cars using OEM front bumpers with aftermarket sideskirts. When you look at them from the side view it makes the car look like it has a "fat belly" since the skirt hangs much lower than the OEM bumper. Just odd looking. The Stacy's sides has a huge gap between the door caps too. Not good.

If you're going to run an OEM front bumper, I would go with OEM sides because the lines will flow properly. I've seen plenty of cars using OEM front bumpers with aftermarket sideskirts. When you look at them from the side view it makes the car look like it has a "fat belly" since the skirt hangs much lower than the OEM bumper. Just odd looking. The Stacy's sides has a huge gap between the door caps too. Not good.
that's a great explanation. i have a black 97, completely OEM. I would like to keep the front OEM cuz I still love the look of it. just want get sides and rear valence, maybe nsx-r wing later. thanks everyone for your inputs so far.

that's a great explanation. i have a black 97, completely OEM. I would like to keep the front OEM cuz I still love the look of it. just want get sides and rear valence, maybe nsx-r wing later. thanks everyone for your inputs so far.

in that case, stacy it is!

d^__^b

best believe it!!!!

If you are like me where you want it to be oem but updated then I'd go for the oem 2002+ sideskirts. I updated my rear to the 2002+ oem parts except I went with jdm tails instead of the 02+ lights. Don't forget little details like the 2002+ side vents and the trunk lip spoiler.

well i vote for the stacy style. i am hoping to get the down force ones for my 02 and the lip as well so it looks flush and then a diffuser in the back.

There's no comparison... Stacy Side Skirts are much better looking than 02+ OEM skirts. Stacy Side Skirts give your NSX a much more aggressive look. I also got the Downforce Rear Valence and the rear wing.

IMG_2208a.JPG

cooley1.jpg

cooley2.jpg

I'm trying to choose between 02+ Side Skirts or Stacy's Skirts. I wanted to ask So Cal people cuz you guys are always honest and I really appreciate every suggestions you've given me til this day. I'm trying to go for a clean look. Of course, I'll be getting the Downforce Rear Valence. Still debating if I should get the wing with it... Thanks again!

d_643.jpg

6.jpg

if i had to do it over again, i would go with the Stacy's Signature Sideskirts.

i have OEM 02s and the door pieces decided to flex on a hot day and peeled off like a fruit roll-up.

i would go with the Stacy's since the composite wont change shape on a hot day. you just have to get the matching Stacy's door panels to go with it. Don't mistaken it by mixing the 02 style door pieces. That might throw the lines and gaps off a lot.

Good thread.:smile:
I'm been thinking of getting side skirts as well and I was favoring the 02 OEM sides kirts but the look of the Stacy's look awesome and aggressive. I think I would do Stacy's on mine, what do you guys think?

img0760o.jpg

S t a c y!

good thread.:smile:
I'm been thinking of getting side skirts as well and i was favoring the 02 oem sides kirts but the look of the stacy's look awesome and aggressive. I think i would do stacy's on mine, what do you guys think?

img0760o.jpg

I think the stacys look good with a front lip complimenting it like the red one above.

I have stacy side skirts on mine and have been thinking about switching to the '02 style. I'm just not feeling the stacy's. Something about where the skirt meets the car by the vent. I just don't like how it doesn't sit flush with the car.

Good thread.:smile:
I'm been thinking of getting side skirts as well and I was favoring the 02 OEM sides kirts but the look of the Stacy's look awesome and aggressive. I think I would do Stacy's on mine, what do you guys think?

Although I'm 50/50 on stacy skirts, I think JCC's car would look great with these. Oh, and great pic of an imola. heh

I think if you want to keep your OEM lip, then 02 sides, but if you put aftermarket lip, then Stacy it is.:smile:

wow thanks everyone for chiming in!

since i cannot go any lower in the front for now and i really like oem front on my 97 black, i would only want to get new side skirts and rear valence.

so i was leaning more towards the 02+ sides and rear valence. since the stacy's would make the "belly" fatter and would look better with a front lip to match. but, Erick's comment about the door pieces peeling off in so cal weather is scaring me... i'm thinking of having Downforce do the work for me... maybe they have better adhesives? lol

wow thanks everyone for chiming in!

since i cannot go any lower in the front for now and i really like oem front on my 97 black, i would only want to get new side skirts and rear valence.

so i was leaning more towards the 02+ sides and rear valence. since the stacy's would make the "belly" fatter and would look better with a front lip to match. but, Erick's comment about the door pieces peeling off in so cal weather is scaring me... i'm thinking of having Downforce do the work for me... maybe they have better adhesives? lol

I'm anxious to see your car before and after, maybe you can take pictures and post so that we can all see the transformation.

FYI - I'll be going to Downforce this Friday for consultation. Might even put on that West chin on there to consider the Stacys too. Such hard decisions...

Back